Reddie For The World

Featured artist: Reddie V. - Reddie For The World

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Reddie V..

How did you decide to become an artist?

Reddie V.: Started writing when I was young (6-7) but it was mainly poetry. My Father and Grandmother are both writers my grandmother writes poetry and my father is more of a story teller so I guess you could say it runs in the family lol. As I got older I started writing lyrics to some of my favorite artists beats and also started to freestyle here and there wth friends and other people. But the time I hit about 15 I really found a passion for song writing and when I had my first show at 17 it made me addicted to the art and the rest is history..

It may be a little cliche but "you can do anything you put your mind to" and "if you want it bad enough you have to go out and make it happen" those quotes always stick with me because not only are they true but everyone hatbhas made it always comes back to those quotes. But I have also heard to be on my P's and Q's because the industry can be shady at times and people try to take advantage of you..

- Reddie V.


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Haven't done a show in a while but yes I do perform. I believe my last big show was 09 but I plan to have a few this summer so hopefully it all pans out.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"Put my feelings on the line hoping you would rebound but when niggaz came around you didn't even box out, had ya legs wide open with ya box out" – Reddie V. (Cold Shoulders) feat. D-Lo
- Reddie V.

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Currently working on my colab project (A Night Of Extrordinary Events) or (ANOEE) with my long time friend D-Lo, which is supposed to be releasing very soon. I'm also workin on a solo project just haven't came up with the name yet and I will be releasing that towards the end of the summer.. I've also done a lot of different features for local artist around Colorado and a few artist in Virginia, Atlanta, Texas, and Florida..

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would definitely sign with a major record label. The pros would be that I would be able to take care of my family along with live a dream I've always had. The cons are media being all in your face and the fact that sometimes things aren't what they seem. So I would definitely have to have my manager and lawyer read over all the fine print to make sure I'm also protected in the long run.

Any last words?

Of course I have to shout out my mom (Deborah) and my pops (Darrin) definitely wouldn't be here without them. Shoutout to my brother (Deshun). And to my lady and kids, I do this all for them.. and last but not least all my friends back home and to all my niggaz that's locked up keep y'all head up man #FreeDaGuys

Where can we contact you?

Reddie V.: https://soundcloud.com/user-483208734

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .

.

No comments :

Post a Comment