Showoutsociety@gmail.com

Featured artist: Trell DaDon - Showoutsociety@gmail.com

The best advice given to me as an artist us to keep grinding, you're unique.

- Trell DaDon


Upcoming underground artist Trell DaDon just answered some questions. Checkout the interview below and share if you like it.

Thanks for your time. How did you decide to become an artist?

Trell DaDon: I decided to become an artist at the age of 10. Being around my brothers and his friends who did music all the time, whether it was a freestyle cypher, or a scheduled studio session. That's when I found interest in music, so I began to write. I was able to professionally record my first record when I was 15, it was awesome and overwhelming for me.

What about concerts? Do you play live?

I have attended a few Coast2Coast Live events with some members of my group, #SOKG. We came 3rd in a San Francisco showcase, and 1st in a San Jose showcase.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


My best punchline would have to be, "My struggle motivated me to want the better of life, if you ain't moving at my speed merge the F**K to the right"
- Trell DaDon

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently working on my first Album entitled, "Only God Knows". In the past me and my group have released 3 group mixtapes entitled, In Our Own Zone Vol.1, In Our Own Zone Vol.2, and Relevant. In the past I've also released lots of singles.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Would I sign a,record contract with a major label? No I wouldn't, #SOKG is a label. Labels are too controlling, they're self centered. At the end of the day, a label is all about them. But, I would take a distribution deal for my entire group. That's a out it. Labels are out for your publishing.

Shoutouts and credits to the fam?

First shouts out to God for my talent.
Shouts out to my wife, daughter, and son
Shouts out to my entire family

Big shouts out to my team, SOKG. We been at it as a group since 2011. Shouts out to my city Milwaukee 414 for a lot of love and support. Shouts out to the Bay Area for raising me into the artist I am today.

So how can we contact you?

Trell DaDon: I can be contacted through my Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/showout_kiings

Thank's for your answers, keep grindin'.

--

Amanda Aselia, the author of this interview, is a long time blogger, entertainment journalist with a strong expertise in artist development and branding and author of the book "Rappers' secrets 2 success" .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment