OckyTang

Featured artist: MB Ock - OckyTang

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist MB Ock.

How did you decide to become an artist?

MB Ock: It was always a part of me. Since a kid I had to have lil Wayne or Cassidy bumping in my headphones anywhere I went. I had a rhyme book when I was 9 and one day after school I came home to see my mom found it and wrote "good job son keep going" in my book. I was a music junkie ever since.

Don't Stop Keep Grinding Ock.

- MB Ock


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes I have just started getting on the open mic scene in New York because I was away in college for the past 4 years.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"I don't think I got it yet, these niggas food like rodimez. I'm filled with juice. I got it? Yes. I need a coop, and private jet. My shit could loop and time the test. Test the time, who got flows as blessed as mine?"
- MB Ock

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I just dropped my first ep on Spinrilla titled "To My Self Ep", March 8th with no pay for placement. I'm working on my first mixtape "Son of Sam". I've been pushing this project back since summer 2016 because I want to build a buzz before I dropped this project I put my all into.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Yes I would sign with a major as long as I have freedom to create as I please. I understand the dynamics of the music game and when to and not to drop music. I feel that I would need to be able to create as I want in order to sign. Cons of signing would be the label taking from the artist without giving the right amount in return. As well as them having 100 percent control over what u do, when u drop, what you drop, and how much money you receive in royalties. As an artist you should own your intellectual property to an extent. Pros of signing are distribution to fan bases you normally wouldn't be able to reach by your self, and of course the potential to make your greatest dreams come true.

Any last words?

Shout Out to The rest of my Kamp "Money Boyz". I'm just a part of a Three man team from the Bronx New York. MB Mopy Started the Kamp in ParkChester. I'm from Kingsbridge Road. And MB Buckz is From 161st. I just want to shout out A boogie and Don Q for putting a light on the city that wasn't there before. It's our year to shine now.

Where can we contact you?

MB Ock: https://mobile.twitter.com/DonCorlion_

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment