OckyTang

Featured artist: MB Ock - OckyTang

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist MB Ock.

How did you decide to become an artist?

MB Ock: Music Was always apart of me any where I had to go I had to have music in my headphones. I started off just critiquing music although I always freestyled and wrote lyrics that I kept to myself but it was always my passion to become as big as house hold names like Eminem Nas 2pac Biggie and Drake

Don't Stop Grinding.

- MB Ock


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes I'm just starting to hit the open mic scene in New York because I was upstate in college for the past four years.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"I don't think I got it yet, these niggas food like Rodimez. I'm filled with juice, I got it? Yes.? I need a coop, and private jet. My shit could loop, and time the test Test The Time who got flows as blessed as mine?"
- MB Ock

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I just recently dropped my first official ep on Spinrilla titled "To Myself Ep" on march 8th. I'm working on my First Mixtape called "Son of Sam". I want to have a little buzz on my name so I've been pushing it back since summer 2016. I plan on dropping it summer 2017.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would as along as I get creative freedom and I don't get "owned" in a sense. I'm not a dumb individual and I don't like people getting over on me. I feel the cons of signing would be an artist not making as much money for his creative property as he or she should. Also being told what is the right music to make when your fans would come to u off anything u make as long as its good. Some pros would be getting the exposure to outlets affords the world depending on where u sign. It's hard to promote yourself to the east and the west coast if you don't live there, same with forigen countries.

Any last words?

Shout out to The "Money Boys Kampgain" which is what the "MB" represents. Me and the creator MB Mopy are two young black males from the Bronx New York we met in college and it was over since then we have a goal to make the world know us and that's what we will do. I'm from Kingsbridge Road Bronx New York, Mopy is From Park Chester. Along with us we have MB Buckz from Harlem New York. We all met in college and are brothers for life. I just want to thank them for giving the motivation to get better and become a better artist. Oh and shout out to A boogie and don q for putting the town on the map.

Where can we contact you?

MB Ock: https://mobile.twitter.com/DonCorlion_

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment