Music's new Truth: Ami

Featured artist: Ami the Truth - Music's new Truth: Ami

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Ami the Truth.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Ami the Truth: I've been doin music all my life. Started at 11-12 writing at home with my cousin. His dad was a lead singer in "Raydio" a popular group from the 80s (sang Ghost Busters title track). By 14 moved to Atlanta and hooked up with a label that worked closely to many moguls such as Jermaine Dupri and Russel Simmons. I open for the hip hop summit for two years. Later to write jingles for Mountain Dew, And 1, Baby Phat and more. Inked a deal with Hitz Committee/Jive/Sony in 2009 that was short lived, but the passion and hunger for a stable music careers remains. And my family is literally the only thing I love more than music.

Choose your battles like you choose your apples. You wouldn't use the Apple closest to you. You would choose the ones that look the best.

- Ami the Truth


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I definitely play live and have a few shows coming up in the nearing weeks .

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Dummy think he's Simba. But I'm Daniel in the lions den. Paying dues cause you have to lose time to win.
- Ami the Truth

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

" UPSZN: the mixtape "is on the way this summer.

" Evidence: Roadrunners edition" is available for a listening on SoundCloud.
Soundcloud.com/amithetruth

And more projects coming soon….

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would sign a deal I just need FULL creative control of my music and most of my image Lol. AND room to expand. But at this point of my life there are no cons because I couldn't be doing any worse than I am now ..

Any last words?

Shout out my talent family @thevthcolumn . Shout out to the Eastside of Atlanta and the westside of Detroit. And my mom of course!!!

Where can we contact you?

Ami the Truth: Instagram.com/amithetruth

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment