Knowlej Ra: The AOE AssasSun

Featured artist: Knowlej Ra - Knowlej Ra: The AOE AssasSun

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Knowlej Ra.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Knowlej Ra: I've been writing lyrically since the age of seven, a musician since the age of nine, and embarked on strengthening the gift of lyricism after conquering an aortic aneurysm some years back.

People like you because you always remain who you are and humble, so much of that is missing, so don't ever lose it. The world needs reality.

- Knowlej Ra


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I've recently moved to Brooklyn, New York and being in a city like this, it's almost like starting all over, but I have perfomed many times elsewhere and will begin performing in NY this summer.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"Galaxy in a passing fashion/I mean I'm cloaked in the stars/While conversing with the God/Check the mental understanding/More enormous than the failure they attempt to hand me…
- Knowlej Ra

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm always working on something, man I have vaults of unreleased music, but there is a time and place for everything and I am keen on releasing what's necessary. I've recently released a single, "Vigilante", and will be releasing another single, "Wish Me Well", very soon on Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, etc.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Honestly, I'm not sure right now. I'm just in a good place creatively and I wouldn't that damaged the deals some labels have offered and the creative control that some would like to have over the artist. There are some labels that do not have that mentality, I know, but I'm just not sure. That would have to be a real, in-depth, conversationz

Any last words?

All love to my All Out Entertainment family, my Mom and baby Sis for always supporting this journey. And shout out to everyone that told me, I wouldn't…that builds strength if you understand how utilize it that way. Shouts to New Iberia, Louisiana (The Hometown), Little Rock, Arkansas, Orlando, Florida…particularly Full Sail University, and of course New York for challenging this passion of mine.

Where can we contact you?

Knowlej Ra: http://www.knowlejra.com

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment