I Chose To Make Sacrifices For My Future

Featured artist: Lady Invy - I Chose To Make Sacrifices For My Future

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Lady Invy.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Lady Invy: At the age of 13 I decided to write an poem about my life as a teenager and enter it into an poetic contest. Before entering I recited the poem outloud to my brother. As I read the poem I noticed his head bobbing. So as I finished his respouse was wow that's deep. At that very moment I new my words on that paper were lyrics without an beat. On that day I realised those words were not just words on paper but powerful lyrics. So instead of me entering that poetic contest I entered a talent show at my junior high. Even though I didn't win the judges gave me positive feedback and I new I was on to something. It felt great to hear it from a group of strangers vs my brother. So conformation was when I decided to become an artist.

Investing into your brand makes all the diffence. This is now your business. So as an artist I will only take out what was put in. Invest into yourself.

- Lady Invy


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes! Typically every Saturday and Sunday.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I Busting My Ass Now I'm Hungry and Thirsty..Let A Queen Eat Something.
- Lady Invy

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

December 31st 2016 I actually released my mixtape entitled 11 Yrs Lata. Its available on Spinrilla and MyMixTapez. I am working on another project entitled Truth B Told pt1. Truth B Told is expected to release in the near future.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

If asked today at this very moment I would decline. As an Indie artist I am learning that its better to get as much experience as possible before signing over to a major label. As an Indie artist I see there is more control and pretty much you are calling the shots. Sure the money and all is in the major labels but what happens when they've invested so much into your brand for it to flop. Indie artist can be themselves. Major labels are about the times and keeping up with the times. So changing an artist is their craft. As an Indie artist you are just that. Independently free to do your thang at your own pace.

Any last words?

My Queen my mother Joyce. Alll my sisters and brothers name for name. Showman, Rocky Mountainz. All my supporters name by name. Much love to the City of Mccomb and Baton Rouge.

Where can we contact you?

Lady Invy: Www.Twitter.com/ladyinvy_1989

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment