I am Slim D.

Featured artist: Slim DaKidd - I am Slim D.

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Slim DaKidd.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Slim DaKidd: I was only fifteen years old when I first decided I would be an artist. I was already a decent author (if I might say so myself), writing short stories and poems. On the 4th of July in 2008, my cousins and I linked up at a family function and they had a cd playing with nothing but beats. They sounded ok so I figured hey, why not, so I started flowing to every beat that came. I couldn't stop. That's when I realized I should bring my writing to the music.

The best advice given to me as an artist was, "If you love what you're doing, it'll never be a job."

- Slim DaKidd


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I can play the drums (decently) and definitely do a live concert.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I'm a youngin' with grown man ambition still controlling the ride that I'm on just like a steering wheel.
- Slim DaKidd

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm always working on something different. Hip Hop is changing and adaptation is a must. Some situations in the past hindered the release of a lot of my earlier works. Those songs can still be played today with positive feedabck, so they won't just sit on the shelf too much longer.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I really aim to remain independent and start my own label. One of the pros to a major contract, to me, would be the exposure. Marketing and promotion teams make getting the music played a somewhat hassle-free task. One of the cons (a major turnoff for me): A lot of deals being made mostly benefit the people BEHIND the artists. I would sign a major record contract if it was a label deal.

Any last words?

I represent Tuscaloosa, Alabama. From Knoxville to Northport and from Fosters to Cottondale. I want to give a shoutout to everybody trying to do something positive in this life. Especially in the town I come from. Support can be limited but all we need is the smallest belief that we can accomplish more than what's expected.

Where can we contact you?

Slim DaKidd: @foreva_rollin on Instagram

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment