Growth & Development

Featured artist: Borderlyne - Growth & Development

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Borderlyne.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Borderlyne: I have always been an artist! I have been a writer since I was very young. 7 or 8, perhaps. I have also always loved music. Combining the two in order to create my own contribution to the artistry is a dream within itself. Best decision that I ever made was to become serious about it.

I came to one of my best friends feeling a little down about the fact that so many people are interested in Mumble Rap. It's discouraging to someone whose favorite part of music is lyricism. She told me, "You're in the wrong lane. Focus on you. Keep being real. You'll have your own set of followers."

- Borderlyne


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I am in the works of trying to perform live! I have not, yet. But, one day very soon.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"Murder these rappers. Got to show them I am savage. Now my finger bloody like I'm switching out a pad, bitch."
- Borderlyne

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on a mixtape called "Church". I also just finished a cover of Kendrick Lamar's "Be Humble".

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

It would definitely depend on the label, its history, signed artists as well as my own independent research. I rap because I love it and in my opinion, I am one of the best I have ever heard, although that may be biased. Ha. Getting paid for it would just be the cherry on top. But, I'm definitely not rushing into anything. I defend my artistry with my life. One of the biggest pros would be better promotion. One of the biggest cons would be the potential to lose some of your artistic freedom , which is one of my biggest fears.

Any last words?

First off my fiancé, Ebony, Rell, Quinton.
I'm from E. St Louis, the City of Champions!

Where can we contact you?

Borderlyne: Twitter: @Borderlyne1

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment