Future Rap Queen Z∧iR∧ is Changing the Game

Featured artist: Zaira (@zairaraps) - Future Rap Queen Z∧iR∧ is Changing the Game

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Zaira (@zairaraps).

How did you decide to become an artist?

Zaira (@zairaraps): I went to middle school and high school in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Woot woot [laughing]! Hip-hop culture plays a big role in growing up there. I always fit in better with the boys and enjoyed competing with them. I was one of those girls who played football with them and eventually, I wanted to battle. They used to hold rap battles in the courtyard so I started writing until some of the guys noticed my punchlines were strong and I finally got an opportunity to compete. It was my turn to go when the teachers caught us and broke it up so I never really got my chance, but I kept writing after that and eventually met my best friend in Alaska who happened to write rhymes too. It took off from there and I've learned a LOT since. It used to just be for fun and the love of it, but now I take my craft very seriously. And let me tell you, it's sort of a funny thing graduating college and telling your mom you want to become a rapper. Try that for an April Fool's joke.

"Keep your head up baby girl, there's nothing down there for you."

"You're not weird, you're just unique."

"What is normal?"

- Zaira (@zairaraps)


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes, I've played live and performed in concerts, and even got to open up for a few big names, but my goal now is to play a concert or open for a major artist at a renown venue in LA.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


It's hard to pick out a single punchline, check out my music and you'll see why [laughing].
- Zaira (@zairaraps)

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I recently released a free song called "Fuego" for my fans. It's almost at 10,000 plays which is just blowing my mind. The last video I was in was featured on WorldStar and had over 100,000 views, that was three years ago when I first started out, so I'm stoked for what the future holds. I actually have many projects in the works. I'm putting together my EP which I want to be a collection of some of my favorite producers. I'm also working on my music video, which was successfully funded thanks to my supporters. So look out for that video along with other features and singles I'll be releasing.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

We'll see when that day comes. The pro would be that I could focus on just what I love which is the music and performing instead of all the marketing and everything else that goes into trying to get people to listen. The con might be that you aren't making music for just yourself anymore, but if you're trying to be a successful musician, you know that's not the case anyway.

Any last words?

I'm a military brat so I can't really claim a specific city, but I have to send a HUGE shoutout to our troops and veterans, especially the Warriorz of Liberty VMC, they have really supported my dream from the very beginning.

I would like to thank my best friend Matthew Addison who has stuck with me through thick and thin as a mentor and my partner in crime. He's had to put up with me being hard on myself which is most of the time and he's guided me and believed in me even when I didn't.

I would also like to thank my friends, family, and fans in Alaska, North Carolina, and California who have supported me through a dream that once seemed outrageous. Without them I wouldn't be here. I've finally found a "home" in music and I'm so grateful for that.

Where can we contact you?

Zaira (@zairaraps): Instagram.com/zairaraps

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment