DJ PAY A PLAYA

Featured artist: DJ PAY A PLAYA - DJ PAY A PLAYA

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist DJ PAY A PLAYA.

How did you decide to become an artist?

DJ PAY A PLAYA: IT STARTED I WAS IN BAND 6 GRADE NEVER NEW HOW TO RHYME UNTIL I PUT A STUDIO IN MY TRAP HOUSE. MY BRO HELP ME OUT; IT WAS HIS STUDIO I WAS 19 AT THE TIME. A FEW MOUTHS BEFORE I GOT MY TRAP HOUSE I WAS WORKING AT THE AIRPORT IN HOUSTON, 12 HOURS A DAY IN COLLEGE. MY CO-WORK WAS A RAPPER ABOUT 10 YEARS OLDER THEN ME FROM THE NORTH SIDE OF HOUSTON, TX. HE WOOD LET ME HEAR HIS NEW MUSIC AND I TOLD HIM I COULD CHOP AND SCREW MUSIC. HE ASKED ME WHY DIDN'T DJ IT, WAS LIKE SMALL THINGS TO A GAINT. IT JUST NEVER CROSSED MY MIND TO BE A DJ, TOLD HIM I JUST LOVE CHOPPED AND SCREWED MUSIC AND SOME SONGS I WANNA TO LISTEN TO I COULD FIND CHOPPED AND SCREWED. I SO MUCH OF A SCREW HEAD, GROWING UP MY FATHER I NEVER LIVED WITH; I WOULD TALK TO HIM ON THE PHONE AND HE WOULD HEAR THE MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND AND TELL ME NOT TO LISTEN TO RAP OR CHOPPED AND SCREWED MUSIC. MY FATHER IS FROM NEW YORK CITY WHEN MY COUSIN CAME FROM NEW YORK I FINALLY PURCHASE I SET ON NUMARK TURN TABLES FROM A PAWN SHOP ON BISSONNET ON THE SOUTHSIDE OF HOUSTON WHERE I WAS BORN AND RASED. MY COUSIN COULD DJ HE DIDNT KNOW HOW TO CHOP AND SCREW MUSIC. MY COUSIN WOULD JAM MY CHOPPED AND SCREWED MUSIC. MY NIGGA I GROW UP WITH WE STARTED TO WANT TO CHOP AND SCREW / LEARN HOW TO CHOP AND RIGHT AND GET A GOOD PITCH SCREWED AND I HAPPEN TO TAKE IT TO ANOTHER LEVEL A FEW YEAR LATER. AS A KID I WOULD GO TO MY FATHER EVERY NOW AND THEN; MY FATHER HAD VINYL RECORDS LIKE 4 CRATES FULL DID NO TO MUCH DID EVEN NO THE NAME/TERM VINYL RECORD I THINK I JUST CALLED THEM RECORDS. I WOULD MESS WITH THE RECORDS; HAD SOME WIND IMAGES IN MY HEAD FROM MOVIES I SEEN WITH THE DJ IN THE MOVIE; JUICE, HOW HIGH AND INTO SYNC. THEN A FEW YEARS LATER MY FATHER TOLD ME HE USED TO BE WITH GRANDMASTER FLASH. I JUST WANTED MORE NEW MUSIC CHOPPED AND SCREWED.

I GOTTEN GREAT ADVICE FROM A FEW OF DJ SCREW HOMIES!

- DJ PAY A PLAYA


What about concerts? Do you play live?

YES, IVE DONE BIG CONCERT, PUT THEM TOGETHER AND HAVE DJ CONCERTS.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


PAY A PLAYA WHEN YOU SEE A PLAYA
- DJ PAY A PLAYA

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I HAVE CHOPPED AND SCREWED OVER A 100 MAJOR ARTIST MIXTAPES. IM CURRENTLY WORKING ON THREE MIXTAPES. IM A NEW AMBASSADOR FOR A WOMAN CLOTHING LINE. SLABSUNDAYS EVERY SLABSUNDAY MOVEMENT SUPPORTING HOUSTON IN ANY AND EVERY AS POSSIBLE. THERES MORE ALSO. BLAME IT ON THE PLUG CLOTHING LINE ALSO AND THE ARTIST IM WORKING WITH

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

EVERYTHING WOULD JUST HAVE TO GET WORKED OUT. I WOULD MOS DEF SIGN NOW!!!

Any last words?

SHOUT OUT TO GOD, DJ CHILL, DJ DMD, DJ KIOTTI, DJ GT MAYNE, DJ J QUE DJ T GUDDA DJ THROWBACK, GO DJ MR WIRED UP DJ NICK THE QUICK DJ MONTNNA DJ BIG THO DJ ERIC 97.9 THE BOX, BOOM PHILLY, MEEK MILL J PRINCE, J PRINCE JR, DJ MICHAEL WATTZ, STRIP CLUB TRAPPIN, POPPY APPEAL, SUPA UNIT, SAVAGE LIFE, RAP-A-LOT, DSD1, TRILL ENT, LOVE AND HIP HOP TRESURE P, ALL CHEIFS ENT, DSD1 BRAVO, DSD1 GASMAN, DJ LIL DALLAS, DJ LIVE, DJ CODE RED, DJ HORROR, JUST BRITTNEY, CORY MOE. TRAE THA TRUTH, MAXO KREAM, LYNDO KREAM, SLABSUNDAYS EVERY SLABSUNDAY, STREET RESPECTED FROM HOUSTON, TX TO NEW YORK CITY.

Where can we contact you?

DJ PAY A PLAYA: https://mobile.twitter.com/djpayaplaya23

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment