Colorado Rapper Lil' N8's New Song "Park Hill"

Featured artist: Lil' N8 - Colorado Rapper Lil' N8's New Song "Park Hill"

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Lil' N8.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Lil' N8: I've been playing classical piano since age eight, and I started composing my own songs with piano and guitar age ten, so I've always been a true artist. As far as becoming a rapper, my hip hop career really kicked off in 2013 when I met some fellow artists in southern Colorado. We made a small collective. I DJ'd mostly at that time, however we were all working on beats, rhymes, and recordings back then. From there I evolved rhythmically and lyrically into Lil' N8, my name for my rapper alter ego. Now I record hip hop music professionally, and the rap scene in Colorado is offering me a chance to operate on a national circuit. At 21 years old, I have an insane amount of studio experience and talent, considering how early I started, as well, so I'm really hoping to bring to the hip hop community what I have to offer as best I can, because hip hop has made me very well rounded as an artist.

"Don't stop."

- Lil' N8


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes! There is no better music than live music, and my concerts are always filled with a new style of ingenuity, or at least I'd like to think so. I try to raise the bar every time. Denver is a great city to play in, and I love the energy in Colorado because I'm from there. Very much yes!

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Unwrap her, call her 'Candy'
- Lil' N8

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I've released several albums under different names in different styles, but my current project is a 24-song rap album as Lil' N8, and it is about 1/3 complete. Lyrically, I'll be touching on some sensitive issues. It's a concept album focusing on criminal justice, mental illness, drug addiction, domestic abuse, homicide, suicide, war, and most importantly the role of love amidst this chaos. I'll be writing all the lyrics, drawing from relationships in the past, current events, and myself autobiographically, among other things. My latest release, and the reason for this interview is my song "Park Hill," released on Apr. 1 this year, and is free to stream online at SoundCloud.com/lil-n8/park-hill and nate-louis.bandcamp.com This song is influenced by Denver's Park Hill, infamous for drug dealings, killings, gang violence, and home to the Park Hill Bloods, one of Denver's biggest gangs. Last year there were quite a few young men killed there, and gang violence in Denver has been getting worse over the past decade. The song is an homage to the victims of gang activity, and the gangsters victimized by the system, as well as the memories I have from Park Hill. I enjoyed harmonized with myself on the hook. Nice jazzy influence with awesome lyrics and an amazing chorus to groove to. I'm very proud of my work.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would be willing to sign a record contract with a major label, no doubt. Pros would include more distribution, better advertising, marketing, better connections. Everything I need in the business becomes more accessible if I've signed a record contract. Major labels have been running the show for years and they're not going to stop anytime soon, so there's virtually only positives to me. However, there's a couple cons I can think of, the first being the "independent artist" mentality exits completely, and the other being my records will cost money. My music has never cost anything, so that would be a big change for me, but a very enjoyable one most likely. My choice would be to sign if offered a record contract with a major label

Any last words?

Yeah, shouts out to SketchFam, Cisco, Bruce, Mersh, and the crew, the FOCO fam, Denver, 9-7 Bloods, Burb Fam, Mom, Dad, the OG, and last but not least God.

Where can we contact you?

Lil' N8: http://www.soundcloud.com/lil-n8

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment