Guess Who's Back? Hip Hop's Worst Nightmare

Featured artist: Trashy White - Guess Who's Back? Hip Hop's Worst Nightmare

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Trashy White.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Trashy White: I been around the music scene all my life. My whole family are musicians. So I think I had subconsciously decided to become an artist at a young age but actually becoming an artist and making my own music was a transition over the years. I don't think I decided it just happened. I was very Rock n' Roll/Heavy Metal influenced growing up around rock bands and the live music scene but Hip Hop all begun back in my skateboarding years listening to Wu-Tang on those old school tape decks.

To just be yourself and not everyone is going like you. There will be people that don't like you no matter what you do so just do what makes you happy and not to worry about what people think of you. You know who you are and that's all that's matters.

- Trashy White


What about concerts? Do you play live?

The last 14 months has been a bit of rocky road I guess you could say and my focus has been on bigger priorities so I've been taking a hiatus from the music with only a few schedule shows here and there last year but this year I'm back. I can't wait to get back on a stage to be honest. There's no other feeling like it.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"I'm the shit but don't be acting fly around me"
- Trashy White

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Currently I'm working on a double disc album with Likwid Eyece from Sydney which hopefully we can release by mid to end of year, we will see how we go. I was suppose to put out my independent release "13" back in November 2016 which was the whole story to the last 14 months and everything that's gone on but I decided to scrap the whole thing. I may still release it, you never know. You definitely see some single tracks be released in the coming months.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Well that depends and that's a good question. I feel there isn't really anything a record label can do for an artist these days that artists can't do independently especially with the access we have to social media platforms and being able to promote yourself through all those different outlets. I think the independents are taking over and have been for years I think its becoming more clear to artists that we don't really need the labels anymore. In saying that that's not a yes or no from me it would all depend on the contract, ownership rights, creative input all that stuff. It's a tough question to answer unless you really had to make a decision and actually answer that question. I think there's a lot of questions to answer first before any artist could say they would or wouldn't sign to a record label.

Any last words?

Um, there's so many. First and foremost my daughter I don't know where I'd be right now if I didn't have her. She is my reason for everything I do. I love you baby girl! There's too many to name but all those who have been there since day one and have always supported me. To all those I've met along the way through the music journey and formed friendships with. I appreciate everybody in my life right now. I appreciate every single person that has impacted my life on a positive level you know who you are. Much love to you guys but I also feel I need to thank those who brought negativity into my life also because through those hard times and failures were lessons and I got to learn a lot about myself and who was really on my side and who was just pretending. Learning who was who helped me cut all the people I didn't want or need out of my life and made room for new incredible people to come into it. So shoutout to you guys too! (Laughs) Success is the best revenge right? (Laughs)

Where can we contact you?

Trashy White: http://www.trashywhite.com

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment