Out of nowhere, he came..to stay.

Featured artist: Matbeezy aka MatyB aka Swaggkelly. Simple. - Out of nowhere, he came..to stay.

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Matbeezy aka MatyB aka Swaggkelly. Simple..

How did you decide to become an artist?

Matbeezy aka MatyB aka Swaggkelly. Simple.: Well, since I was able to hold my first, note, as a child, in my early years, listening to my father's old cassette tapes, of him recording and playing his guitar in the kicthen,sort a speak, I guess, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. So it was in me, but it wasn't until tupac came. He had such a passion , and he dropped a CD called Tupacalypse Now, that just I dont know, did something to me, it was banging. Then he was a big part of the classic Above the Rim soundtrack. I heard that, I was in. He has this one called "Pain". I loved, and still do that song, to this day. So I guess, hearing passion in a lyricist ..like Pac, because that's what he was to me, amongst other things, but he is and was. Hearing that all put in music , in a musically inclined and creative way, as he did, in order to get whatever message he was trying to relay, out, drew me in. That's my nicca, and he didn't even know it.

The biggest advice, I ever gotten as an indie ARTIST, was dont try and please everybody, because everybody isn't going to dig your swag So dont, get discouraged, when you get a bad review, because some artists, or should I say, most artists, are so critical of themselves, that a single negative, review, may and will, if you allow it, … turn them off.

- Matbeezy aka MatyB aka Swaggkelly. Simple.


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes. Actually I do. I have been as of recently, breaking from doing live shows, converts, and performances. At least, I told myself, just a year at least Mat. Then that year kinda ran by on me, though I got mission accomplished, as far as retooling myself as an indie artist, making a lane for myself, and basically getting where I should be as of material, and making sure, I'm more definitive, in who I am to the people, the followers, listeners, and all. So, I am getting ready to get back at it. So look for me y'all.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I won't let y'all have best for free, nah…lol..but I'll give a very nice one.." -Im here now, I came 2 far 2 even think back, let alone go I wipe the tears now, no since in blind hate, like a blind I still go"…
- Matbeezy aka MatyB aka Swaggkelly. Simple.

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently, midway through, my second mixtape project, entitled "ETA:NOW".. THATS Estimated Time Arrival: now. It was originally, suppose to be the one I released first, but hey, circumstances along wth other things, happened. Its going to be so sexy, and different, and refreshing. I think its going to bring us all back to the place, where we really loved our music. Like the times when we would buy a CD, 10times, if it got stolen 10times, type of Love our music . I also do have a project out, currently on DATPIFF.COM. So y'all go check that out. Don't cheat yourself. Something on that joint for anybody, well, not completely, anybody, but y'all get what I'm saying. Some soul, some hip hop, some rap, electronic, Lil sprinkle of alternative. I do many genres, which in my unofficial opinion, is really and advantage for an artist, like myself, with such unique creativity.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Actually I would sign a contract with a major label depending on the stipulations in the contract you see the thing is, I don't see myself signing a long-term contract with a major label because I feel like my personality as an artist is too strong I'm a leader therefore I can't subject myself to be with a major contract label for a long extended period time. The pros and cons of being with a major I would say the pros of course you know hands down is the lifestyle of course you know the money and all the materials and all the traveling and all the lifestyle the Limelight that's the pros that's easy now the cons and I would need more time to tell you about that but to just touch a little bit on it a lot of labels don't follow through in short terms in general I'm just going to say in general a lot of labels don't fall through a lot of labels want you to conform a lot of labels want to tweak, who you are as an artist and I just I don't like that. They want you to conform, and change, the very artist, that they discovered.

Any last words?

Of course, no doubt.. I'd like to shoutout to the almighty for the opportunity first and foremost. To all my followers, listeners, dont stop supporting, we gone so this, I love y'all. And for anybody and everybody that had hand I. MatyB getting where I am today, salute. I.e. producers, beatmakers, artists, promoters. Thanks, and most notably to you guys at RAP Mag, thanks for taking my story.. Triple D, Texas… Its tha movement.✌👌.

Where can we contact you?

Matbeezy aka MatyB aka Swaggkelly. Simple.: Http://SoundCloud.com/officialmatb/undastandin

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment