From nowhere, he came to stay

Featured artist: Matbeezy, MatyB, Swaggkelly - From nowhere, he came to stay

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Matbeezy, MatyB, Swaggkelly.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Matbeezy, MatyB, Swaggkelly: When I was just a young child I used to grow up listening to my father play and record music what is cassette tapes and his guitar in the kitchen of my grandmother's home. So so to speak the Apple didn't fall too far from the tree I had the same the talents that he had in me that he had which was singing and a love for music not knowing as a little kid. Dads and growing up in the church it's part of where am I singing started. But I can actually say that it wasn't until Tupac came along that help me fully decide what I wanted to do. He dropped a CD at the time titled 2pacalypse now for what a classic. Tupac was just beginning in the balls real hard his career was taking off I was following him and then he dropped music on the classic soundtrack of the movie Above the Rim man I throw my hands up that was it I was sold the soundtrack was banging.

The best advice I was given was try not to get away from being yourself as an artist as in, Who You Are. And then realize that you won't be able to make everybody happy you will not please everybody through your music and everybody is not going to like you therefore do not get discouraged when you hear a negative report or you finally crossed the path of that one listener who doesn't like you. All of the greats realize this and kept moving.

- Matbeezy, MatyB, Swaggkelly


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Ironically I do I do perform live I do do concerts I'll go, but as of lately I have taken off a year to kind of regroup and retool myself as an artist. I simply had to take a break away from performing in getting up on stage because it was still around a few things as an artist that I wasn't realizing. But unfortunately that year has in the past by pretty quickly and therefore you know I'm getting ready to get back out on the live performance circuit and start and perform shows again. I have a lot of new material that I believe that a lot of people not going to be pleased and happy to get from mat Beezy.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I want exactly give you my best line and I feel free, but I will give you a really good line. " see only God can understand the pressure built in this man, poster child for the less fortunate emotionally unattached and"….
- Matbeezy, MatyB, Swaggkelly

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Currently at the moment I am working on my second mixtape project entitled ETA:now, which I have not decided when I'm going to exactly release it courses going to be this year but at the moment of release date is not set because I'm so focused on the project and getting it completed. This project is is going to be soulful sexy it's going to be for the grown and sexy you know of course it is going to be relative fun, something on there for everybody. I do have a current project that is out now on datpiff.com and that project is entitled against the grain I'm not going to tell you too much about the mixtape all I will say is you guys gotta go get it to appreciate it.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

The only way I would sign with a major record label contract it wouldn't it would have to be for a short-term nothing over 5 years because and all major labels let's just face it they're not doing what they supposed to do the music industry is not even right right now it's really in my opinion it's a depressing situation I believe not say that this hip-hop is dead right now and for me to sign a contract with a major it cannot be a long-term deal. Pros and cons of being a major well that's easy reproach is the milk and honey the lifestyle and on the things that comes from being in the Limelight. Con's that's easy too most major labels want to change the artist most major labels want the artist to conform to what they think is going to appeal most major labels even though that they discovered an artist in a certain way they just they just want to change that and that's a problem for me and that along with the numbers everybody and they mama no that the major labels they're not fair with numbers at all plus they always want to try to keep the Masters me personally I'm not giving nobody my masters I don't care who it is I'm keeping the Masters that's going to be part of the contract if it ain't then we not doing business.

Any last words?

Of course, first off I'd like to shoutout to the almighty for the opportunity first and foremost. To all my followers, listeners, dont stop supporting, we gone so this, I love y'all. And for anybody and everybody that had hand I. MatyB getting where I am today, salute. I.e. producers, beatmakers, artists, promoters. Thanks, and most notably to you guys at RAP Mag, thanks for taking my story.. Triple D, Texas… Its tha movement.✌👌.

Where can we contact you?

Matbeezy, MatyB, Swaggkelly: Http://SoundCloud.com/officialmatb/undastandin

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment