Zobe "Melanin Is Winning"

Featured artist: Zobe - Zobe "Melanin Is Winning"

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Zobe.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Zobe: I was born an artist. I create anything that I want to hear, feel, see, or eat. From music to food. I was raised in the arts, and sports. Logically, spontaneous actions were always necessary in a fast paced or uptempo environment. I took my music into a career after I came from meeting my biological father in 2015. Although, I started recording and engineering my own music since 2012. My boarding school, Proctor Academy, Music Recording class taught me how to develop clean sounds; as I already had an ear for music. I am who I am, a goddess! I represent nothing other than who I am. Being honest with myself helped me stay focus and dedicated to my career. My brand fully developed after I dropped "Melanin Is Winning," and I began to brand the name on shirts and hoodies. I always was into music – classes, vocal lessons, composing, applied music, instruments, choirs, and praise teams. I sing very well so why not create from what's on the inside and pour it out to educate my community on the outside?! Stay tuned for "Melanin Is Winning Pt. 2" NYC edition.

I need energy ladies! -Shameika Freeman

We follow the four "D's" desire, dedication, determination, discipline. -Crusaders Basketball

Be inspired! -Paul Elliot

- Zobe


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I am looking forward to start scouting to ensemble a band to began to play live. I have been involved in BXC Music Studios music showcases, as well as local pop up shops and performed live. I have started a concert series "Melanin Is Winning" on July 4, 2016. My second concert under the series, will take place December 10, 2016. "Melanin Is Winning" is geared toward america's minorities: Black community, and black LGBTQ community. In honor of black lives lost due to police brutality and other nonviolent reasons; hate crimes and abuse. And to not forget the Orlando massacre. I have become what they call an activist, but no, I am me, ZOBE, and this is what I do! I make a change, give back, and gain from the way the community intake the soul food- food for the soul or knowledge.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Keep your black heart sober!
- Zobe

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am working on organizing "Melanin Is Winning PT. 2 NYC: BK" for December 10, 2016. I am constantly writing lyrics, because I am a lyricist first, poet, songwriter, then rapper/ singer. I have released songs "BISH Whet," "Infinity and Beyond," "Melanin Is Winning," "Grace Fruit," "Emoting Out Loud," and "Riddum Speak Mad." Due to limited minutes on soundcloud I took down "BISH WHET" that I recorded in January 2013 to work on new creations. I am revamping my soundcloud soon for the mixtape, with new edits to the same songs already known. It's grind time, so I'm showing my talented ideas.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

If I can keep all of my rights, get paid for full royalties, and have say so in everything yes I would. If I do not get unlimited studio time, booked gigs, marketing, footage and photoshoots then what's the point?

Any last words?

Shoutout to my grandmother Paulette aka Lady P for knowing the best schools for me to go to; my Grandfather Anthony Schoonmaker for being a BLACK veteran and an adventurous outdoorsman, and dragging us with him for educational purposes. I thank my creators, Delia Schoonmaker, and Carlos Carr aka Raggas Exorcist. Thank you to my extended family, the Jones', for being there in troubled times with open arms and ears. Shoutout to those that instilled deeper supernatural knowledge/wisdom/gems into me; World Changers Church NY and GA family.

Shoutout to Iman The Brand for being my designer for my clothing line and a great educated, wise mind, and friend.
I thank my day ones Elemy and Faith for showing me two different cultures; Rainbow, Victory, Taylor, Brianya, Antonio, Diamond for rocking with my vocals and poetry from jump. Last but never least, I thank my girlfriend Hollywood Tay aka Tay James for learning this manager life and holding me down in ALL areas from promoting to organizing events. I'm from 39 block UCLA: the corner of Lenox avenue, Harlem World. Now I'm doing it for Elizabeth, NJ where I currently reside.

Where can we contact you?

Zobe: Instagram.com/zobmusic

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment