Pieces of Mc frate

Featured artist: Mc Frate tee rane (freight train) - Pieces of Mc frate

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Mc Frate tee rane (freight train).

How did you decide to become an artist?

Mc Frate tee rane (freight train): I was fifteen hosting a regular hip hop/ Graff party in 2000 and I was djing on this particular night as I had been spinning decks for a year or two at this point in time when a few older crew rocked up asked me to flip an instrumental on of Eminem and Royce 5'9's scary movie ep.
So I flipped the record and next thing I know was exposed to my first live cypher. It blew my mind as at the time I had explored 3 of the four elements but had never really witnessed a live cypher in western Australia. The next morning while chilling with my crew three of us decided that we were going to give it ago so I dug into my crate of vinals pulled out a big punn record and began to experiment by freestyling to my surprise with in the space of a month of doing it every day I started writing my first song.

The best advice I was ever given was have perseverance, patients and stay true and dedicated to your art and what you feel is true and also don't let anyone discourage you from your goals because anything is achievable no matter how big.

- Mc Frate tee rane (freight train)


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes I do and I have done gigs lately I have been taking a breather to do focus on my graffiti art and write some new lyrics

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I bring war like Anzac's the way I cram tracks with dam facts to leave you girls running for tampax.
- Mc Frate tee rane (freight train)

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently working on a project I like to call my life a six track album which covers a lot of life events that I have over come to get to where I am today and to get those thoughts out so I can move forward on other topics that are on the back burner.
I have released a few ep's bout three years ago.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

That's a tricky one I would but only if I still had the ability to have creative control as I'm not really down to be some ones puppet nor am I a sell out to my followers and fans.
The pros are of course large exposure and the ability to travel and let people experience me more.
The con's that I have heard from other MCs is that they loose creative control and they are forced to move with hype trends which nessaraly who they are and how they want to be perceived as an artist.

Any last words?

I give a massive shout out to my brother breddy and simz from western methods, Mc epik and tomohawk, mortor from clandestine and also my homies hooper Cori and froze

Where can we contact you?

Mc Frate tee rane (freight train): twitter@freightteerane

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment