HiDefinition: Man on a Mission

Featured artist: HiDefinition - HiDefinition: Man on a Mission

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist HiDefinition.

How did you decide to become an artist?

HiDefinition: One day, in my freshman year of college, I was in the computer lab listening to music. I was listening to a Jadakiss mixtape. It was 2007. I knew every word on that mixtape. Not sure why but, I heard the mixtape differently that day. All I could think of was "I can do this. I can make music like this." I'm sure it has something to do with my dad being a musician for over 40 years! Oddly enough, I remember being a toddler and going with him to the studio at all different hours of the night in Manhattan. Music has been in my life ever since I could understand it but that day… that day was THE day.

My pops always told me: "Do what YOU do. Don't do what you don't do"

- HiDefinition


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Absolutely! I'm actually performing in a couple of hours. I live in New Haven, CT so you can always catch me doing a few local shows and open mics around the tristate area! Check out hidefinitionmusic.com and click on the "Find Me Here Next>>" link to find out when and where I'm performing!

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Everyone's a cool cat but that don't mean we Siamese/ even the big fish in the pond can't climb the trees/ but you don't need my permission to think/ if I bring you to water it's your decision to drink/ a pressure bursts pipes and pushes you to the brink/ so I'll never try and force it (faucet) if we couldn't get in sync (sink)/ -HiDefinition
- HiDefinition

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on an EP with Wh1teT1ger, a producer from Texas. I just released my first full length album across all major online platforms with Enrichment, a producer from New Jersey. The album is called The Life & Def LP. He produced the album in its entirety and is one of the hardest workers I've ever met. We sound great together!

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

No. I want creative control of my music and to be groomed into the best artist I can be. Major labels don't do this. I want to be signed by 9th Wonders label, Jamla Records.

Any last words?

I gotta shout out StarSet and Steve first and foremost. Y'all are my best friends and my support system. I'm nothing without y'all. Queens made me but Elm City raised me to be the man and emcee you see before you or hear in your headphones. This city has a lot of talent that needs to be seen and heard. From Edgewood park to East Rock to the sea wall, I am Elm City. Of course, my Pops. You are Batman. Thanks for letting me be Robin. My sister, Thomasenia is such an inspiration in my life. I wanna show you that we are on that higher level of consciousness. Continue being you and forget everyone else. My sibling, Lucy. You inspire me so much to live life as I see it and I appreciate you so much for that. My brother, John. Maaaaaaaaan! You literally won't let me fail!! You keep me going everyday bro. I'm going to make it because I know you won't have it any other way. Thanks for being motivated. Mom, we've come a long, long way. I love you. And… myself. It all starts with me. People never get the roses while they can still smell them so I'll grow my own from concrete. #HiDefinitionMusic #ScreensUp!

Where can we contact you?

HiDefinition: HiDefinitionMusic.com/contact/

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment