Underground Charlotte Rapper is Arguably on Kendrick and Cole level

Featured artist: siftgod - Underground Charlotte Rapper is Arguably on Kendrick and Cole level

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist siftgod.

How did you decide to become an artist?

siftgod: Well, back in 6th grade I saw my cousin rapping on YouTube and he had his music in actual albums on his phone. I always loved music, so I figured if he could do that I could too.

Stay true to you and keep rapping about the things happening around you.

- siftgod


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I do not play live or do any concerts yet. Hopefully I'll be able to book my own shows in the very near future.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Every time I touch a pen, I get a head(ahead) in what I wrote, and every time this record spin they get beheaded by my flow
- siftgod

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently working on a series of EPs to release all throughout the rest of 2016 and early 2017. I just released an EP on soundcloud called Children of The Blue. Go check that out.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I probably would not sign with a major label, due to what I've seen in the music industry. A lot of rappers before me have been in bad situations with major labels and bad management. Like TLC or NWA. I'd hate to be put in a situation where I'm being used and it's no longer about my art, but just about their money, you know?

Any last words?

Shoutout to clan, Team7. Shoutout to Josh Kaito, Tender Vigilante, Nex Era, Yung Lex, Nappy Tribe, and my family. Shoutout to all the indigos.

Where can we contact you?

siftgod: https://m.soundcloud.com/siftgod

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment