Don of A New Day

Featured artist: DawnDe1 - Don of A New Day

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist DawnDe1.

How did you decide to become an artist?

DawnDe1: Music has always been apart of my life. Grew up listening to a lot of tupac and pimp c. Learned how to play drums when I was three. Learned the keys at 6. Learned producing at 13. I was rapping when I was 10. Tried singing at 12 but them tings told me to quit but I stuck to trying and learned that too. Wrote my first song at 13. So getting into the rap game was an obvious decision because Not using a gift is like a spit in da face of the most high that blessed me with such an ability so I gotta put DAT fye on des niggaz because if I dont., who will??? Lol

The best advice given to me was to always put out your best material. Delivering a bunch of mixtapes with no marketing is never a good thing. Delivering a bunch of music with poor quality is never good thing either. Take your time on each project and give the world your best. People might get impatient but they will respect you for it because all of your music will be classics a 100 years from now.

- DawnDe1


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I have appeared on multiple projects. T.B.O.D aka The Break Of Dawn will be my first solo Ep project that will be follow with a tour and multiple concerts. While I was featured on other projects I was apart of their concerts. But now its time to do my own thing. I was supposed to be apart of a concert tour last summer but let's just say a lot of things went on behind the scenes that halted many shows and many concerts such as SxSw.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Me & alotta my niggaz , I swear to god.. We r some GS.. Fuck wit my dough.. Fuck wit me wrong.. Ima call up Ortiz.. !!!
- DawnDe1

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Right now, I'm finishing up T.B.O.D. hopefully everything gets finished quickly because I got to finish up my second project, F.A.C.E. . That project was supposed to drop in the fall but like I said about putting out good quality material and your best work, I don't mind patiently working on a project till its all the way finished like Dr. Dre. Most people remember the single I put out in the past, "stress free" which is still on YouTube but the streets ready for new material. So yeah, I gotta feed the streets.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I love being an independent artist but for me to consider signing with a label, the contract would definitely get looked over by my attorney. Like I said before, music been apart of my life so it would definitely be a no to a 360° deal. Anything with a million will always get my attention. Artists owning the rights to their music is what is most important to me as well. So yeah, for me to sign to a major, that contract got to be right. But I think I'd rather stay independent and consider a distribution deal.

Any last words?

Shoutout to my nigga cheeko Ortiz
Shoutout my nigga YL aka Yung Legend
Shoutout to my nigga Packboi G
Free my nigga Coop, can't wait till u get out
Free all da real niggaz locked up
Fuck12
Shoutout to da magic city.. Da six and Cincinnati…
Salute 2 da pack.. #wolfpacknation
#Wolfpackseason is coming.. Just wait on it..

Where can we contact you?

DawnDe1: Www.twitter.com/DawnDe1

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment