Bar4Bar DC's new proficy

Featured artist: Bar4Bar (B4B) - Bar4Bar DC's new proficy

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Bar4Bar (B4B).

How did you decide to become an artist?

Bar4Bar (B4B): I have been writing poetry since I was about 7 years old. I have a passion for writing rhymes. When I entered high school, the love of music just overtook me when I started heavily paying attention to each artist's craft. I decided I had what it takes to this myself and vwallah, I took what I learned from them and created my own persona!

Everyone will attempt to distract/downplay/criticize you. Take what you learn from them and make your music even better.

- Bar4Bar (B4B)


What about concerts? Do you play live?

The only time I played live before was during karoake nights at my job, which is actually when everyone realized I had the utter most potential to become a superstar rap artist. I perform at a venue for the first time at Rock The Mic Showcase up in Mew York in September, which will leave a mark on history, for sure!

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Go green, that's the slogan, more green than the hulk, more hulk than a hogan
- Bar4Bar (B4B)

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on an EP about my life as a young boy from Sierra Leone, west Africa, running away from a war, struggling as an immigrant in the United States in my early life, losing my father to deportation in 2009, and having my first child at the age of 21. I have lived and currently live a story worth talking about, plenty of people will be inspired by it. I made a few tracks already, those were mainly banger music just to get people interested in my performance skills and my energy on a track, but now it's time to get to the serious work!

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I definently would. Here are always pros and cons to it, one con being the label has so much control over you. But at the end of the day, my intellect and branding myself will help me in the long run.

Any last words?

Shoutout to Silver Spring, Maryland where I grew up. Shoutout to the mother of my child, who always believed I had raw talent and stayed up all night with me just to hear my finishing music, and shoutout to Ron Hambrick, a ghost writer from Atlantic Records and BMI for being my mentor throughout the start of my journey.

Where can we contact you?

Bar4Bar (B4B): https://m.soundcloud.com/user-978464667

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment