Young.B Mr.901 Talks New Project "IV" & Staying Independent

Featured artist: Young.B Mr.901 - Young.B Mr.901 Talks New Project "IV" & Staying Independent

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Young.B Mr.901.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Young.B Mr.901: As I kid, I always had interest in different forms of art. I enjoyed enjoyed activities such as drawing, coloring, painting, playing instruments, learning about music, & writing poetry. I can remember back to as early as the age 10 or 11 beginning writing poetry & storing it in a folder along with my drawings.

At age 12, my former junior high basketball teammate, introduced me to new music he had at the time with his rap group. After hearing several tracks the group created, I was inspired to turn my poetry into music.

I then obtain instrumentals to work with, I fell in love with it, immediately gained great passion for it & I've been creating music every since. That was 2004.

Regardless of others opinions, always be yourself. We all have something special, we can't truly share it with the world if we're following the likes of others for someone else's satisfaction.

- Young.B Mr.901


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes, I do play live & give concerts. My very first show as an artist, was at the "Ruffin Theatre," located in Covington,TN at just age 15. I've performed at numerous other events over the years as well.

My most recent performance was at the Voodoo Lounge on 6th Street in Austin,TX. I was apart of the "Media Matters" event hosted by Makin' It Magazine earlier this year back in March.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Can't mention the best if my name ain't the subject, Pair lies what they tellin' no gloves in December I ain't feeling nothin'
- Young.B Mr.901

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently finishing up my 12th project which is titled "IV", expected to drop this summer.

I just released my brand new single, "Today" produced by Robert G Beats, which will soon be available via Tidal, Apple Music, iTunes, & Google Play.

I released 3 mixtapes last year including, "The Illustration" & dual tape project "12/15."
"The Illustration" is now currently at 18,000+ hits via Indy Livemixtapes. All tapes can be found via Datpiff, Livemixtapes, GetRightMusic, & Spinrilla.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would sign with a major if it makes sense & the timing is right. If there is mutual agreement met, in terms of royalties, shares, publishing & marketing, I'm all for it. The only thing other than that is being able to have control and say so in your work. My goal is to stay independent as long as I can & help open up doors for other artist to do the same.

Any last words?

1 time to my team GMG, #TEAM901 & Tipton County.

Where can we contact you?

Young.B Mr.901: http://www.facebook.com/Young.BMr.901

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment