Wantumeni what?

Featured artist: Wantumeni - Wantumeni what?

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Wantumeni.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Wantumeni: I guess I've always wanted to become an artist. I have studied Graphic Design and have been an Art Director for the past 5 years. Even though I'm a rookie in the music industry, being an artist is probably the only I can do.

The best advice given to me as an artist was from my brother. He told me that I had to stay true to what I felt was good for my career and my believes, that I had to stay myself.

- Wantumeni


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I haven't played live yet. I'd love to take part in a live beatmaking contest one day.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I'm not a songwriter/ghostwriter but i'm going to think about it…
- Wantumeni

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently working on my next mixtape. My full-length debut, Prima Nocta is slated for release later this year through N.M.L.O.P. Records; and to build up buzz for myself and for the full-length effort, I will be releasing a beat every Sunday in a series I dubbed Meni Given Sundays.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I actually have no idea if I would sign a record contract with a major label. I have a list of labels I'd love to work with, maybe as an in-house producer, but that's not my goal for the next year.

There are a lot of pros & cons to sign with a label. To sum up, they keep your money but give you the opportunity to be distributed and have visibility. That's a personal decision I haven't made yet.

Any last words?

Shout out to my bro.

Where can we contact you?

Wantumeni: https://twitter.com/wantumeni

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment