There's a new sheriff in Texas!?!?!?!

Featured artist: Cord Donte - There's a new sheriff in Texas!?!?!?!

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Cord Donte.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Cord Donte: As a child I was always inspired by my older cousins, who would perform at the family functions, and always freestyled over recorded cassette tapes.I always was a quiet guy so nobody knew I rapped lol. It wasn't until I seen my first 2pac video at the age of 6 that I wanted to do this for the rest of my life. And the rest is history! Lol

Much love to Jason CEO Smith, CEO of JEntertainment and many other businesses, by far he has given me the best advice an artist can get. Crazy thing is, everything he ever taught me was the best advice! I cant remember one specific thing Lol

- Cord Donte


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Most definitely, I've performed in some of Houston's underground and popular live nightclubs and venues. Performing at Warehouse Live was my best experience so far

Best punchline you ever wrote?


"When I was dead broke, nobody wanted to holla/I'm shooting dice with Johnny Taylor for his last two dollars"
- Cord Donte

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently finishing my sleepless in Houston EP which will be released by august! I just released the music video to "cocaine in the ride" its getting positive reviews! Just also released "codeine in my cup" single and just pushing that right now.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Of course! I would say the pros are being able to have the global platform and connections, and the pros are not being able or very rare these days for artists to have creative control and owning their content

Any last words?

GOD for blessing me to be alive. My city of Houston Tx, and all the listeners out there that support me!

Where can we contact you?

Cord Donte: Http://www.twitter.com/ondamapmuzik

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment