San Francisco's Very Own Mr. October

Featured artist: Smokey D of HWY - San Francisco's Very Own Mr. October

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Smokey D of HWY.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Smokey D of HWY: I was born into it. It's a God given talent.

As an artist the best advice given to me was from Biggie Smalls at an autograph signing when he released Ready To Die… he told me,"keep banging!" & I have and will continue to do so. I'm focused.

- Smokey D of HWY


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I do and have had live shows but I want to build my audience to concert status or at least opening act status nationwide. Meaning I want to be recognized in all states and eventually worldwide.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Got too many… and more to come. You gotta pick your own but I bet you can't find just one. Trust
- Smokey D of HWY

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently working on an album titledLift Off which I would like to release early October but it may be late October. Last year I released 2 mix tapes via Datpiff. The first is titled Devils Pie the other is titled Jackin Five Beatz. This year I released three music videos and plan for seven more videos, all songs from my coming album Lift Off.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would definitely sigh a contract w/ conditions and I will refuse advances in a place of making money on the backend. Foresight to hindsight. Loyalty should always come before royalty. If they don't have my best interest in mind then I have to make sure I do.
Pros and cons… it can extend your reach but limit your control.

Any last words?

San Fran Bay top to bottom of Cali left to right cross the map.

Where can we contact you?

Smokey D of HWY: http://reverbnation.com/highwildyoung

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment