New Rapper out of Honolulu

Featured artist: Psychosis Slim - New Rapper out of Honolulu

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Psychosis Slim.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Psychosis Slim: I've listened to rap music my entire childhood, tuning into the stations in Baltimore with my radio and recording it on my mp3 player. It was the only way I could get my emotions and frustration out without doing something destructive. Naturally I was drawn to the intensity and emotion of rap music and decided to try my hand at becoming an artist myself.

"If you don't go for your dreams right this second, don't worry, somebody else will hire you to build theirs." This was the realest statement I had heard in a while and it really made me push the pedal on starting a music career.

- Psychosis Slim


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I haven't performed yet due to the fact I am brand new and when I perform I want everything to be financed correctly, planned correctly, and performed amazingly. So when I get the funds and am ready I will be performing for sure.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


My brains dilapidated. I'm like Bernie Sanders. I'm angry and the states gotta pay for it.
- Psychosis Slim

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on my debut EP "Everyone's A Psycho" dropping by July 31st. My first 3 tracks are released already. One cinematic rap track, a sad/angry track, and a futuristic beat track. 4th coming soon and will be a loud dirty south track so stay tuned. By July 31st this EP drops.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I see homies that sign with major labels get robbed all the time. Their albums aren't a priority unless they're the top 0.0001%. What I do like is the exposure and opportunity presented by major labels. It's like every aspiring rapper's dream to be signed. But I would never sell out to a label. I will always do what I want and present the image I want whether the money flows or not. So the answer would be yes I would sign to a major label, under a very scrutinised and detailed contract in the image I want to represent.

Any last words?

I'm from Maryland so shout out East Side! Shout out DC/Bmore metro area! Currently stationed in Hawaii as I'm in the Army, so shout out to Honolulu, Waikiki, and the whole island of Oahu! And huge shout out to all the fans and people I make this music for. Respect.

Where can we contact you?

Psychosis Slim: http://psychosisslim.com

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment