Marcus Ariah

Featured artist: Marcus Ariah - Marcus Ariah

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Marcus Ariah.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Marcus Ariah: When I was about 17 me and my brothers were rapping in the basement and I was already nice with the poetry at the time, but when I saw I could really flow on a beat real good, I just figured I start rapping. I kept it on the low for a while then I got real nice and finally or some stuff out.

Think about how if you go hard for ten years doing what you do, what you can accomplish, and if you quit before ten years what you'll regret looking back.

- Marcus Ariah


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I do a lot of live shows with my bro Laze and we always turn the shows up whether it's in our city or any other city.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Niggas here lookin like Chicago? Bullshit, man we got our own style, Jersey goin stupid.
- Marcus Ariah

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Currently I'm working on my third mixtape/album with an unreleased name, but it's halfway done, I'm just waiting on features now. My past projects were "Changes" which was last year, and my first one "Growth." All on my soundcloud.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Yes I would if I knew that they full heartedly believe that I'll bring them in revenue, because I refuse to get shelved and not have any creative control. I know the business a little bit and I'm still learning, and I don't wanna get played, if I'm owning a good majority of my royalties and just have a great deal then yea I'd definitely sign major. It's just harder independent when you don't have a whole marketing and distribution team, but it can definitely be done.

Any last words?

First God for giving me opportunities I've been given. Shout out Newark, Essex County, my Brock City Cartel family, Laze who adds me on his shows, and another great artist, Caesar, basically the founder of BCC, he got all the "Jersey Over Everything" hats. Shout out all the family.

Where can we contact you?

Marcus Ariah: Soundcloud.com/marcusariah

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment