Joshy Luciano Ushers In A New Wave of Gangsta Rap

Featured artist: Joshy Luciano - Joshy Luciano Ushers In A New Wave of Gangsta Rap

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Joshy Luciano.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Joshy Luciano: My big brother and my older cousin was into the southern rap culture of the 90s when we were growing and I embraced it completely. I've been playing many roles in my local hip-hop community since. Now I just want to solely focus on my career as a Recording artist.

A lot of local rap veterans in my city (Savannah, GA) always tell me to stay focus and keep pushing, so thats what I do. My aunt and my mother also tells me to make good decisions, so thats whats I do.

- Joshy Luciano


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes, but I have performed since 2011. I had a small hiatus in the earlier stages of my career due to personal problems but now I'm ready to tear the stage up!

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I don't about my "best" but my favorite punchline is "Hold up, say no mo. Michael Jordan, I don't play no mo"
- Joshy Luciano

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm working on a mixtape entitled Cut to the Chase and an EP album that I haven't created a name for but i released the artwork to give my fans a taste of whats to come.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I probably would not sign with a major record label because I'm trying to get my independent record label, Bout Dat Action Entertainment, LLC. The pros of a major label deal would be, in my opinion, their marketing efforts and image other than that I feel as if you lack control and independence when dealing with major label.

Any last words?

First and foremost I want to give a shout out to the most high and my record label Bout Dat Action Entertainment and my producer Qwalos of Drama Beatz. I'm from Savannah, Georgia. but I call it "Savannistan" because the violence here is getting out of control. Its an urban warzone. My city has been overlooked by the mainstream for a while now. Its like they blackballed us but its so many of us doing our thing. Its undeniable. Oh yeah, and shoutout to Hot beats studios in Atlanta. That's where I have been recording my upcoming album.

Where can we contact you?

Joshy Luciano: http://www.boutdataction.com

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment