Independent But Grindin Like The Majors

Featured artist: Nomad aka Mr. Murk City - Independent But Grindin Like The Majors

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Nomad aka Mr. Murk City.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Nomad aka Mr. Murk City: I really just fell into making music. I've rapped for a long time just freestyling with friends, cousins stuff like that. But, I never thought I would get this far. At first it was just a way for me to cope with my dad passing away. Music was my scapegoat, my refuge from reality. Then time passed, and I just started meeting more and more people in the industry. Literally almost everyone I met was trying to do music. Then I met Big Ish, my Big homie who just happened to manage DJ B-Lord (Biggest club/radio dj in SC ). And from there I met more and more Djs and artist, making contacts. I started getting serious and hungry to make my own music. I had to turn into a savage, I had to put something together asap! Fast forward to today, I just released a independent project with DJ Chuck T (DownSouthSlangin Mixtape Series) titled Tru Life, which is on every mixtape site and in the streets. So yeah go get that, it's a certified street masterpiece..

The best advice given to me as an artist? That's easy… I was always told by DJ B-Lord to "Keep It Pushin!" Never stop, just Keep It Pushin! That's the motto we live by.

- Nomad aka Mr. Murk City


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Most definitely, I just rocked a few venues in Washington, DC; Annapolis, MD and Charlotte, NC few weeks ago! I have another few shows in DC coming up as well. I'm grinding fam TruLife.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Had to cut some friends off cause they lost my respect, the Plug's prices way to high then you gotta finesse, otherwise cut ya losses, find another connect, so much bread up on my mind , somebody cut me a check!
- Nomad aka Mr. Murk City

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Currently my focus is on pushing this recent project I just dropped titled, Tru Life the mixtape hosted by DJ Chuck T. I have more shows lining up as well as photo shoots, and more music videos to shoot. I'm always working, always grinding this all I know. In a few weeks I plan to start working on my next project which I'm hoping to release by the 4th quarter of this year. So definitely stay tuned for that as well. It's going to be epic.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would consider signing with a major label if the deal makes sense for both of us to do business. The pros would have to be the extra financial backing in regards to promotions, studio time, sponsorships, endorsements, etc. The cons of signing would be not having as much control over projects as I do on a independent platform i.e. Switching my release dates, making last minute adjustments to tracks or visuals, etc.

Any last words?

Shout out to God/Allah first and foremost without him I am nothing. I have to say shout outs to my home town Sumter, SC (Murk City) as well as the entire state of South Carolina, North Carolina and the entire DC, Maryland and Virginia area! DJ Chuck T I salute bruh! Big Ish, B-Lord, Dj Phatboi, Kenny Kane I Salute! One time for my homies J-Boogy, Junior Luciano, Twan, Gene, Uncle Sin, Chris, DadeCountyGyrl, D's barbershop, LCD Vision, David Knocks, A&R Vic, V6 Quan, Shuler King, Tr33, GE Da Pilot, the streets for always showing me love and to all my new listeners!

Where can we contact you?

Nomad aka Mr. Murk City: https://www.instagram.com/nomad803/

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment