attributes and qualities of a rapper

Featured artist: pompay - attributes and qualities of a rapper

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist pompay.

How did you decide to become an artist?

pompay: I was influenced by a friend called Omen Brown. He taught me to be a good rapper using a methodological approach. Which involves printing lyrics of world hits rap songs and also going to the roots, the origin of rap music. To become good yourself, you have to acknowledge and learn from your predecessors.

The first time I met with ruggedman who happens to be a mentor to Omen Brown, he said "utilise every single opportunity you get, use it like it's the only one you are going to get". In other words, "give all you got at the first shot".

- pompay


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Oh of course I do. I'm really not a big fan of artists that cannot perform live. It seems natural to me and I support all things natural.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Haters get belle for evil, oluwa miscarriage am!
- pompay

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am an upcoming and fast growing rapper and I featured in a song done by cixqo name streets. Yunqblood khalifa and StevenTones also featured in the song. Streetbycixqo droped on 20th of April and we're currently working on the video.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I wouldn't want any label to tie me down all in the name of signing me. So I would sign with a major label but just for a couple of years. And I would also like to retain my original sound and enjoy massive promotions.

Any last words?

Big shout out to Cixqo, yunqblood khalifa, John networq, X – busta, Omen Brown and many others who have positively made a colossal impact in my life and music.
Shout out also to my mom and siblings. And always to God

Where can we contact you?

pompay: http://twitter.com/pompayrhymes/

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment