"Something out of Nothing"

Featured artist: D. Moe the Artist - "Something out of Nothing"

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist D. Moe the Artist.

How did you decide to become an artist?

D. Moe the Artist: As a kid I have witnessed a lot both domestically and outside of the crib. being raised in 3 different goods but my head in a different place. Coming from a life of domestic violence and corrupted , drug influenced family, i would rap in my head about how my life would be so much better one day. Then I began writing, and realized I was different somehow. It was the thing everyone feels in their body when they head their favorite song. Something I couldn't explain at such a young age.
I always knew, even when everyone would pick on me and crack jokes, that I would be somebody. I've never been the type to fold, whatsoever. So in times of adversity, I find something that fills my vibe and I let loose. My mind is such a loose cannon, and that's a bad combo when there's a lot of built up hatred and anger. Same with someone that's insane, it never helps to mentally be offset. I've been that way since a child. But even thru all the problems in my life I still seem to wake up everyday, & still know that my hard work will pay off… One way or another . I took my time to perfect my craft. Still much work to be put in.

Trhe best advice given to me as an artist was "there's always someone willing to work harder, persist longer, and be better that the best… Who are you gonna be ?"

- D. Moe the Artist


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I would have loved to but have never had my name on a flyer. But for those that have seen me perform , love it.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


You got hit 100 licks, I'm tryna get a Grammy – bars worth 100 bricks n I ain't talking Xannies"
- D. Moe the Artist

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I recorded my first mixtape when I was 15. I've released 2 mixtapes this year, dating back to Jan 31. "Now You Know" began my mixtape series. Im currently working on 2 mixtapes for August.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would definitely sign but not yet.
Pros: money & connections
Cons: unfair deals, continuity, big pond-little fish theory

Any last words?

Shout to Freak Lik, Meechie, & Lil B. My blood brothers. Shout to Joe Guddah & Ricky 808. && big shout to my CuseTown family, Kind Black, Top Don , the whole 315 to the 864.
Last but not least, shout to the man upstairs for keeping me alive and giving me my talent.

Where can we contact you?

D. Moe the Artist: https://www.instagram.com/_mr_da_vinci_/

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment