Grow.Unite.Live.Life.Young

Featured artist: 504Gully - Grow.Unite.Live.Life.Young

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist 504Gully.

How did you decide to become an artist?

504Gully: I started writing music in the middle of Iraq. I was in the Army in 2005 when Hurricane Katrina ripped through my city. The Army refused to help me connect with my family so I refused to lift another finger for them..They thought that I was crazy and had me in solitary confinement. During that week I belive that God gave me music….which has been my peace ever since.

The best advice given to me as an artist was to stay true to myself and to create from within!! Don't follow the wave..Create your own!!

- 504Gully


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes I perform live…I just did a show at Strokers in Atlanta in the beginning of June…I have a live concert in East Texas on July 3rd as well. My focus right now is going on tour and expanding my brand.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


#GrowUniteLiveLifeYoung
- 504Gully

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Right now I am promoting my first Ep called "Filthy Rags" available now on any online music outlet. I also have a new single out called "Get use to me" featuring Slice 9 thats been doing good really well. My past projects are called Real Rap, Real Rap 2, and Love Jones which all can be found on Dat Piff.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would only sign for partnership. I feel as though I'm more gifted than 95 percent of rap artists that are out right now so I couldn't see myself having to wait behind any of them to release a record. The pros of signing to a major label are the benefits that comes with the spotlight of having a major labels name behind you. Networking seems lune it would be easier….But the main con and reason why I'm not interested in signing with anyone is the creative control that gets taken away from the artist..The moment you sign…they try and tell you what to wear, say, and how to look…and ain't nobody got time for that.

Any last words?

I want to give a huge shout out to the people of the city of New Orleans…We have along way to go when it comes to the city's horrible system, but the people of New Orleans possess a strong resilient spirit that can't be broken. I love my people in New Orleans…I don't care for the politicians or city structure at all though.

Where can we contact you?

504Gully: https://twitter.com/504Gully?s=01

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment