Getting To Know Kelson James

Featured artist: Kelson James - Getting To Know Kelson James

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Kelson James.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Kelson James: I honestly don't remember how I decided to become an artist. The arts always attracted me throughout my whole life. But what got me into rap was having drinks with my brother, Dustin Bird, and just rhyming all the time. He is a big influence to why I keep at it.

The easiest thing to do is quit when the going gets tough.. But history is never written by quitters.

- Kelson James


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I do perform live, mostly at Smoked Out Battles AB (check their battles out on YouTube). I also open for artists I get asked to. Mostly just local events in my city.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I'm a product of hell like thermite, I pack more heat! When our worlds trade.. You'll collapse into ash in these streets
- Kelson James

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I'm currently working on a lot… but nothing will be revealed until it's complete. I have a few battles that have been released on Smoked Out Battles YouTube channel if you wanna go check them out.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would not sign a contract. No deal is worth giving up my freedom and independence.

Any last words?

I'd like to give a shout out to anyone and everyone who has shown me love or support when it comes to chasing my dreams. And I'd like to give a shout out to everyone and anyone who has ever tried to slow me down, you're what drives me to push myself harder. A huge shout out to Young Aspect for putting my name out to my man Jesse Jacobsen (host of Smoked Out Battles AB), Chelsie Grobins from Where It's At Entertainment, Mike Simpson from Smoked Out Battles. And to my son for giving me more strength then I could ever ask for. And to both my parents for creating a legend!

Where can we contact you?

Kelson James: www.instagram.com/kelson_james

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment