AjTheKid New Hot Unique Bay Area Rapper Dropping EP June 22nd

Featured artist: AJTheKid - AjTheKid New Hot Unique Bay Area Rapper Dropping EP June 22nd

Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist AJTheKid.

How did you decide to become an artist?

AJTheKid: I always wanted to be a rapper. I loved Eminem and Tupac and of course loved attention especially with the woman. The Glamor definitely drew me in, but as a football player knowing how hard it is to go Pro becoming a sucessful rapper didn't seem realistic… Until my life had some crazy up and downs and after growing up in San Francisco, joining the u.s. marines ( with having a mother from iraq)… I moved to East Oakland because the city was too expensive and happened to be in a bad place a F'd in the head but writing poetry and before I knew it i met my favorote rapper "The Jacka" at work once and then realized he was hanging out close to where I lived in Oakland, we hung out a few times and became good friends and he was a good mentor, besides becoming great friends with other bay area artist Lil Rue who I also learned a lot fro, they helped me get my mind right and to turn my writings into music… I've been doing it ever since..

Make sure you have a plan. It's good to have a mentor… especially one that's experienced…. cover your ass… make sure everything you do is copyright'd and work with distribution companies but make sure if your going to release something… don't be anxious and release it too soon. Make sure you promote whatever your going to release at least for a few months…. but that's my opinion. Go do so,e research!

- AJTheKid


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes, I'm in mid tour, I just did more than a few shows in California and am ending my tour the 22nd of July when my EP "Your Neighborhoodly Whiteboy" releases… it will be everywhere.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


He rolled with kill all day, might have been one of them, but being a killer don't mean shit when your up against the best of them
- AJTheKid

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Im doing an EP Trilogy…I'm basically finished on my new EP "Your Neighborhoodly Whiteboy" which is releasing June 22nd 2016 and I released a single, "I Use to Dream" last month which was my first R&B/Rap song. I'm currently working in my next EP which you can get info on it at ajthekid.bandzoogle.com I blog on it also.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

It depends which label and the details… I most plan to stay independent… and try to collaborate and help other artists elevate while trying to blow up myself

Any last words?

Shout out to San Francisco,Oakland, the whole Bay Area, The Jacka (R.I.P), Lil Rue, A1, Street Knowledge, Philthy Rich, M9b Figaz, Mistab F.A.B., J Stalin, and everyone who puts the bay on the map, especially DopeEraMagazine!

Where can we contact you?

AJTheKid: Ajthekid11@gmail.com

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment