Up in Your Pantry with MF GOON

Featured artist: MF GOON - Up in Your Pantry with MF GOON


Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist MF GOON.

How did you decide to become an artist?

MF GOON: I grew up in my room dancing and singing… rapping and screaming. My dad was a really big DJ in the 90’s… I mixed vinyl at a lot of parties he threw as a 9 year old and he recorded an album for me… I started rapping after seeing the same old thing every week at DIY punk shows. I really just wanted to stir up the pot and see how everyone reacted to a genre of music they never listen to…. It really kicked off and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since.

Boyfriend told me ”Your energy is relentless… Stay relentless” and BLOWFLY said ”keep on fuckin with yo little dick” So I would say those are tied.

- MF GOON


What about concerts? Do you play live?

My performance is my passion. I play at least once a week.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


my punchlines are not worthy… but my punches though…
- MF GOON

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Just released a full length album called ”Get Loose/Get Busy” and currently working on merch for my tour with Ghost Gun Summer and Chreece Music Festival out of Indianapolis IN.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Yes, so I can make money and help my community. I want to be one of those artist thats always giving back and helping people… I would love to be fully immersed in my music and travel. The only con would be a major label taking a lot of my creative input away…. but I think working with professionals who study and are smart enough to make shit that bumps and makes people wanna hit play again; I have plenty of room to listen…

Any last words?

Shout out to my producer JAMERSON who does literally everything for me… We creatively conquer the sonic cosmos. Twinki, Jacksonville, DUVAL, St Augustine, Shanghai Nobbys, Ian Ranne, DABCO, GHOSTGUNSUMMER, No Bad Ideas Clothing, Le Ginge, Lucy D.

I rep the DUVAL.

Where can we contact you?

MF GOON: https://soundcloud.com/mf_goon

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment