Dead Poets Society

Featured artist: Yves Gamble - Dead Poets Society


Always do it for the love of music. Never chase a check.

- Yves Gamble


Upcoming underground artist Yves Gamble just answered some questions. Checkout the interview below and share if you like it.

Thanks for your time. How did you decide to become an artist?

Yves Gamble: Poetry was always an interest of mine since a kid. Not only that but music in general. I made a song with my boy, Frito Pay, when I was 16 ( hopefully it cannot be found anymore, ha) & the feedback I got was positive & I really enjoyed recording. Even constructing a verse was exciting. The ability to write down your feelings, express emotions, it intrigues me. So a couple years later I drop a tape. The response was great, but it didn’t sit well with me. It felt rushed if anything. I sat down with the society, worked on my sound, & 2 years after the first one, I drop another tape called (Pression De’) which you can find on my bandcamp (yvesgamble.bandcamp.com) & the feedback was much more impressive. Anthony Fantano even gave it a listen & enjoyed it. Not sure if you know who that is but if you do, you know that is a very big deal. Now I’m here, 4 tapes in & a team behind me of talented artists & a slight buzz behind the music. Not to bad if you ask me…

What about concerts? Do you play live?

No, not yet. The biggest thing for me is getting out visuals before I step on a stage & people look at me like who is this? I want people to know who I am prior to the show.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Wealthy inside my mind & not worried about the pocket until the profit get raked in I rattle off my conscience
- Yves Gamble

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I’m currently working on features for other artist. I just finished a couple verses for the homie Mega Mills, this dope artist from Las Vegas. He was featured on my tape Pression De’. His music is very tight. I just released a couple projects. (Things of that Nature) is a 4 track tape I realease & (Ancient History) is a 5 track tape everyone is playing right now. My 2nd favorite project of mine to this date. All projects can be found on my bandcamp. yvesgamble.bandcamp.com

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Of course. The only problem I would have is them trying to change my sound. I would want control over the music.

Shoutouts and credits to the fam?

Dead Poets Society, Fifty-Seven Zero, Red Cup- DIRT, Cozy Boyz, Kill Bosby, Mega Mills, Balenciaga Banks, Dai Dai, Capt Wolf, Lex, Orrin, Jay Jay, Tai Tai, Fittopher, Deron, Scoob, Jerseyboyjames, Moe, Frito Pay, AYE, Rick Rude, Trujillo, Damardi, Stephen, Dirty, Woody, Orb Joe & Rob Bennie…. If I missed you S’all Luv

So how can we contact you?

Yves Gamble: yvesgamble.bandcamp.com

Thank's for your answers, keep grindin'.

--

Amanda Aselia, the author of this interview, is a long time blogger, entertainment journalist with a strong expertise in artist development and branding and author of the book "Rappers' secrets 2 success" .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment