Conscious artist with a story to tell.

Featured artist: Chris $oul - Conscious artist with a story to tell.


Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Chris $oul.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Chris $oul: I’ve always had an interest for writing poetry since a young age, so the writing side of music was always in me, but just the current state of music. Seeing other artist that are professional and on tv, and knowing I could do better, inspired me to actually pursue a carrer in the music business. I’ve been through a lot, and have seen a lot of stuff at such a young age that it gave me a lot of wisdom and insight, so I want to share it with our misguided youth.

Perfect your craft, and do it big or don’t do it at all.

- Chris $oul


What about concerts? Do you play live?

I haven’t performed live yet, I’ve been invited, but I’ve just been focusing on perfecting my skills to be able to give people a show worth watching.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


The ones who would fight to free your cuffs, is the key to trust.
- Chris $oul

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently working on my first/debute mixtape called ”Thinking Out Loud”. It has no release det yet, but if all goes well, it will be out by this winter.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Yes, I would definitely sign with a major label. I feel like often they get a bad name, and don’t always get the credit for changing young kids an adults lives by giving them the opportunity to provide for their families. That’s taken for granted. A con for me from getting signed by a major is I feel like my style is so diverse, and authentic that they may not know what to do with me. I feel like some of my creativity would be altered. A pro is having a major behind my brand would give me the social proof that I need to succeed in the business. Perspective is an important thing to understand, you can be the dopest artist in the world, but if people don’t see other people believing in, and supporting you, they most likely will not either. I also feel like working with a major label would give me access to a lot of the pioneers of this culture. Their advice alone I feel would take my talent to the next level.

Any last words?

I’d like to give a shout out to GOD, and my mother first an foremost. Without them, I would not be here. I also would like to give a shout out to all the people that doubted me, all of the people that kicked me while I was down, all of the friends that left because they didn’t believe in me. Yeah, shout out to them, they motivate me everyday without even knowing it. I’m representing Worcester Ma(My Birthplace), but also Atlanta, GA, where I’ve spent a lot of my life as well.

Where can we contact you?

Chris $oul: https://soundcloud.com/chrissoul13

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment