we are all on our own journey

Featured artist: STATICK - we are all on our own journey


Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist STATICK.

How did you decide to become an artist?

STATICK: I wrote my first rap when i was 8,and still remember it till this day so music has always stuck to me.i was raised by my grandparents,white and black so i got a taste of everything from blues and johnny taylor to Kenny G .I really became serious about music when i went to job corps.i knew that making music was the only thing i could see myself doing for the rest of my life if i truly wanted to be happy.i tested my luck by doing the open mics and saw that people really liked it and that gave me the confidence to really persue it.along the way i have taught myself guitar and piano and i also write music in all genres im working on a way to fuse it with the music i make now and try to create my own unique sound.I know that music is the route for me and i cant and wont stop until i get my shot.

Stay true to myself and not let trends dictate my career they eventually fade out.

- STATICK


What about concerts? Do you play live?

i have played live at mainly open mics,and i have done concerts of my own.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


cant stay in a box you gotta jump out like hopskotch
- STATICK

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently working on my first solo mixtape. i released a prior mixtape with darkside muzik about 2 years ago.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

i would sign if it made sense.the pros are they can give great promotional platforms get you into buildings you just cant walk into and distribute your music on a global scale.the cons are they work with alot of other artist to so all the time focus and money does not always get used to benefit your movement.

Any last words?

everybody in general who supports me,mizta flow a.k.a quis izzytrice for making the struggle beat and also giving me a place to record,also my roomates who give me their honest opinons before i share it with the world.

Where can we contact you?

STATICK: https://soundcloud.com/trae-jackson-1

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

1 comment :