The Rose That Grew From The Concrete

Featured artist: Skinee Mac - The Rose That Grew From The Concrete


Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Skinee Mac.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Skinee Mac: While serving a 26yr sentence in prison in the early 1990’s, I was dealing with alot of emotions (anger, resentment, frustration, etc,.) and needed to release them. So I started writing poems to express those feelings. Around 1994 or 1995 I started hearing Tupac songs. I was 15 or 16 years old at the time. To hear Tupac rap was like listening to someone telling my life story. I never heard someone express themselves so freely. So my poems turned into raps. I now had an outlet to release pent up emotions. Knowing that different beats bring out different feelings, I became interested in making beats in order to develop the kind of sound that would allow me to deliver however I was feeling. So here I am now, Skinee Mac, song-writer, rapper, and beatmaker.

The best advice given to me as an artist is to protect my music.

- Skinee Mac


What about concerts? Do you play live?

The only live and/or concerts that I’ve had were having rap battles in the prison yard in front of 50 guys.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


You aint see me coming cause im creepin out the cut.
- Skinee Mac

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Im currently working on a project (mixtape, album) titled The Cursed Blessing. I’ve released a few songs on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would sign with a major label if the negotiations leave us both feeling like we’re benefiting from each other. The pros could be good exposure, direct experience from being affiliated, etc,. The cons could be not having full control of financial and property matters.

Any last words?

Shout out to Chicago, the city where I was born and raised in. Its because of here that I am who I am. This city has Made me. Shout out to the GD’s. I appreciate the Growth & Development that I was taught. And shout out to my mother for being there with me through all the hard times.

Where can we contact you?

Skinee Mac: Twitter @333tune

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment