Puttin in work

Featured artist: Slim Pickens - Puttin in work


Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Slim Pickens.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Slim Pickens: Peer Pressure. lol… I used to toy around with rapping in high school. Just writing for fun, no song structure or anything. I linked up with a friend who said he recorded and we did our first song. After that I started taking it serious.

Your net worth is only as big as your network

- Slim Pickens


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Most definitely, thats the best part of being an artist. Ive jammed with live bands, and of course with a dj

Best punchline you ever wrote?


i haven’t thought of it yet
- Slim Pickens

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Im currently putting the finishing touches on my second solo project. Ive released a group album a few years back and also a previous solo album

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would under the right circumstances. The distribution and publishing would be great, but locking yourself into an agreement where everyone else is benefitting more than you doesn’t sound like my cup of tea. especially knowing what I’ve put into the music

Any last words?

S/o to my city Des Moines, Iowa… thats where i come from, no matter where I’m at on the map, ill forever be an ambassador. S/o my guy Chuch Pro, he got beats all day, straight heat. My sponsor Young N Lifted, up and coming clothing line based out of Denver, Co. S/o all the fans and supporters of the music, y’all help fuel the fire that keeps me going. Family and friends who have been here with me every step of the way. I love you all #n10se

Where can we contact you?

Slim Pickens: Follow me on twitter @slim515

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview opportunity has been provided by RapBeats.net, the digital marketplace for urban production music .


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment