Words From Da Grimm One

Featured artist: Da Grimm One - Words From Da Grimm One


the best advice I was given was perservance is the key, rome was not built in a day it takes blocks to build to a house, no matter how hard things may seem if you’re determined just keep pushing through.

- Da Grimm One


Upcoming underground artist Da Grimm One just answered some questions. Checkout the interview below and share if you like it.

Thanks for your time. How did you decide to become an artist?

Da Grimm One: Well I first started writing when I was 13 after hearing a friend of mine had started writing an album and the rest of the crew laughed at him but it inspired me to try and write my own songs, and I wrote two that night, one called ”Too Hot To Handle” which was basically about a honey that I knew, and the other called ”Too Cold To Hold” which was much more of a raw and streets kinda track and things sorta evolved from there really as I went on to write alot more then started recording at the age of 19.

What about concerts? Do you play live?

I have had a couple of shows and also do open mic nights

Best punchline you ever wrote?


whether freestyle or written I write off my competition/ just like james bond i’m never backing off from a mission
- Da Grimm One

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I am currently working on my 2nd mixtape ”Promote Ya Truth” my 1st mixtape was a success within the city and throughout the internet it was called ”Mind, Body N Soul”

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

I would eventually but ejoy the highs of being independent first, as rushing straight into a major label contract to me is not wise as you will not get the full benefits of doing what you want, yeah your fanbase maybe alot bigger as your music will get pushed alot further but alot of the money you make will not be yours.

Shoutouts and credits to the fam?

I wanna shout the whole of my team DA LT’s,
(Lady A, T. J. Saints, Shorty Kay, Snubz, Dubsaduba,
Jimmy Zee, Lil Ziggy, Young Cutti, Michelle Castillo)
also wanna shout out Vibes Unlimited Crew & The
Fully Equipped Clique for holding it down.
Hillz Fm Family, Poze Radio & 2Hype Radio for putting me on. Big Zimm, Wayne Steedman, Big Jay, Element,
D. J. Tauber & Matt Cholawo.
I represent the City Of Villains Coventry!!

So how can we contact you?

Da Grimm One: https://twitter.com/DaGrimOneArtist

Thank's for your answers, keep grindin'.

--

Amanda Aselia, the author of this interview, is a long time blogger and entertainment journalist with a strong expertise in the underground hip hop music scene.


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment