Independent But Connected

Featured artist: The Delusional Rapper - Independent But Connected


I think when Jeff Bass told me I should start a band with my brother Killer-K. That is how the HorrorScope got started. Jeff bass played guitar on some of my tracks but I wanted a harder metal guitar sound.

- The Delusional Rapper


Upcoming underground artist The Delusional Rapper just answered some questions. Checkout the interview below and share if you like it.

Thanks for your time. How did you decide to become an artist?

The Delusional Rapper: Way back in the day when I was just a little kid, I was always around music & live bands. It just kind of drew me in. When other kids would be sitting around just playing with toys, I was hooking up guitar amps & drum kits. As I got older I just started exploring other gear like drum machines & samplers. From that point it was on & popping. My official starting point as an artist was with a rap group named the M.D.C. aka Manic Depressed Crew. We were working with the Bass Brothers at Basement Sounds Studio. Made a dope record but keeping a rap group together is almost impossible. After that I started a Hardcore Rap band named The HorrorScope. We tore the Detroit area up playing a ton of shows, This band was ground breaking at the time because we played live with a full band except a drummer. We used 2 Akia samplers & a drum machine. It was crazy sound guys didn’t know what to do because most rapper’s just use a cd or mp3 beat. Live samplers pound so much better live. After The HorrorScope I founded Independent But Connected Records. And the Delusional Rapper born.
Now I’m making more music than ever before. The Delusional Rapper is making new connections everyday & grind my way through the Underground….

What about concerts? Do you play live?

Yes indeed. This spring I’m about to hit live shows up like crazy. I have 2 different projects going so yes we will be rocking live!!!

Best punchline you ever wrote?


My rap style is about so much more than just punch lines. I’m sure I could type in a bunch but it’s not up to me to decide whats the best. That’s for my fans to do..
- The Delusional Rapper

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I’m almost done with my new record. I just put out a promo cd but the new record coming is crazy dope. I have some amazing features on this record. & The HorrorScope is back together & that record is just about finished also so this spring/summer Independent But Connected Records will be making some loud noise!!!

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Yes under the right conditions. Really all I need is a Distribution deal. Cause we already create our music on our own. I’ve been in a lot of meetings with ”Major” people & most of them want to change what I’m doing and that is not gonna happen. I’d rather stay Underground and do the music I want to do.

Shoutouts and credits to the fam?

Yeah, Id like to say what Up Doe? To all the real hard working rap artist in Michigan. I can’t name them all but here’s a few.. Mastamind the Hell Raiser from NATAS, B-Gozza & the Artful Dodgers, DICE he is still a beast! Poe Whosaine, Jigsaw aka the nufaceofhorrorcore, My bro Killer-K, The KILL SHOW Marc Kempf & Reel too real design & duplication. Snow Bunnie, And I can’t forget to shout out my wife & kids for putting up with ”The Delusional Rapper” it takes a lot of time to do the things I do so thanks for the support. Like I said I can’t name them all this could go on for days…

So how can we contact you?

The Delusional Rapper: http://www.delusionalrap.com

Thank's for your answers, keep grindin'.

--

Amanda Aselia, the author of this interview, is a long time blogger and entertainment journalist with a strong expertise in the underground hip hop music scene.


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment