Ballin like im Horry in the game, here to save LA

Featured artist: Johnny Gax - Ballin like im Horry in the game, here to save LA


Below is a short interview with the upcoming underground artist Johnny Gax.

How did you decide to become an artist?

Johnny Gax: I have always had a strong passion for music my whole life but I Officially wanted to start rapping once I got done with college. (GO CSUN MATADORS) That was in fall 2010. I was at a point in my life where I didnt have anyone or any thing holding me back from making music, besides my current fulltime and part time job, so I decided to chase my dream.

If you want to be successful in your music business do 3 things. Do something great, tell everybody, and TELL EVERBODY.

- Johnny Gax


What about concerts? Do you play live?

No doubt, we have a show coming up in the San Fernando Valley at the D Lounge Saturday March 29th. Followed by some shows in LA, Fresno, and Denver Colorado

Best punchline you ever wrote?


”Ladies Im a sex God, Fuck with my religion”
- Johnny Gax

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

I recently dropped a mixtape called ”NYtoLA” (one word) on itunes and spotify. 70 percent of the beats were produced by Levelz from Queens, NY and has all Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley artist on the tracks

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

it all depends on the circumstances. Obviously I would love to use the networking of a label to help get my music to a larger range of audience but im doing everything on my own that a record label would do. Myself and my team have 100 percent control of our creative process that goes into our music. I dont know what a label would do to that.

Any last words?

Much love and respect first and foremost to my family, friends, and brothers from BGN. Without all of them supporting me and my music I wouldn’t be in this position to make great music. SHOUTOUT to the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles for raising a bunch of hustlers in this music game. Hardwork pays. I cant forget the gentleman I make music with, Chazzy from Dark Shadow Beats, Marquez, Levelz, Harlay, sackalini, irv & Muekist. Cant forget the very talented Noemy Lopez

Where can we contact you?

Johnny Gax: http://youtube.com/johnnygax

Thank you for your time. We wish you and your career the success it deserves.

--

This interview was done by Amanda Aselia, a long time blogger and entertainment journalist specialized in the underground hip hop music field.


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment