The Newark Riots

Featured artist: Hastyle - The Newark Riots

Thank's for your time! Let's start with the interview: What's your artist name?

Hastyle

How did you decide to become an artist?

Hastyle: It actually wasn’t a decision of mines. I was kind of a born entertainer. I remember wanting to be a comedian when I was maybe five years old. Then I wanted to be a singer. By age 9 I wrote my first rhyme. The whole neighborhood thought it was a great rhyme, so I kept at it and never looked back.

What was the best advice given to you as an artist?

Always be yourself. NEVER succumb to the pressure of trying to duplicate a sound that’s already out. A sound that’s on the radio. You’ll only get but so far, and last but so long copying what is already being done. Originality is the way to go.

- Hastyle


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Hastyle: Yes…I’ve been playing live for years now. I’ve open up for artists such as Notorious BIG, Nas, Das Efx, Red Man, Lords Of The Underground, Naughty By Nature, Styles P, and the list goes on.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


It baffles me you wanna battle me. I wonder where ya brain go; That’s strange yo; Mayne I’m off the chain like Django; Ya wonder why these bad chicks be on my ankles; Ya aint know?; I’m fly even if I rock the same clothes; For weeks…They’ll still say Has is a beast; I sprinkle the sun with yeast; and watch it rise in the east;
- Hastyle

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Hastyle:Dirty Jerz (a meeting of the rhymez) Vol 1 was my entertainment company’s (Fresh Produce Entertainment) first release. It was basically a free mix cd showcasing New Jersey’s talent. We had a little of everybody on it (signed & independent) from legends like Queen Latifah, Wyclef, Doitall of Lords Of The Underground, Treach of Naughty By Nature, and Red Man to independents such as Arsonal Tha Rebel, O-Solo, Mikie Luhdat, Ms Na Na, Nocturnal, etc…Now we’re working on my freshman solo effort ”The Newark Riots”. You can find the first single ”Fallen Angels” ft. Tony James on soundcloud.com. The video should be dropping at the bottom of this spring, or the top of the summer.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Hastyle: Yes I would. But it would depend on what label, and what type of deal they were offering. If it don’t make dollars…It don’t make sense (cents). You know the saying.

Where can you be contacted?

Hastyle: www.twitter.com/damafugginboss
--

This interview was done by Amanda Aselia, a long time blogger and entertainment journalist specialized in the underground hip hop music field.


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment