Scottish multi-genre music artist!

Featured artist: Scott McGoldrick / The Whisky Princess - Scottish multi-genre music artist!

Thank's for your time! Let's start with the interview: What's your artist name?

Scott McGoldrick / The Whisky Princess

How did you decide to become an artist?

Scott McGoldrick / The Whisky Princess: I grew up obsessed with music, and really listened to what artists had to say. I studied lyrics from songs to try and find out what was going on in the head of the artist at the time of writing. As a kid I would put on shows every Friday night for my family and sing along to Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus. I never thought I’d grow up and take this whole music thing seriously. I would write constantly, poems, and little melodies. I have been writing for a few years now, but It wasn’t until I went to study Sound Production that I found out I could sing AND rap. I met someone whilst studying who really pushed me in the right direction, so if it wasn’t for her my lyrics would probably still be unused. Becoming an artist was never something I could have imagined happening, I just knew I wanted to be in the entertainment business.. Now I’m on the right path and entertaining people through my words. I find that amazing.

What was the best advice given to you as an artist?

If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.

- Scott McGoldrick / The Whisky Princess


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Scott McGoldrick / The Whisky Princess: I have mad anxiety! I still haven’t performed for an audience live on stage, I’d possibly faint, but I know I’m gonna have to sooner or later.. I just wanna perfect my art first, I don’t want to let anyone down. I feel more comfortable in a studio. I would live in the recording studio if I could! That would be heaven.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


I clear the bars with my 6ft white snake, leave your fav demolished, like a f*cking earthquake!
- Scott McGoldrick / The Whisky Princess

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Scott McGoldrick / The Whisky Princess:I’m currently working on my first ever mixtape which is set for a May release. So I’m writing and recording for my mixtape, but at the same time I’m doing features for other artists tracks. Keeping myself busy.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Scott McGoldrick / The Whisky Princess: I don’t think I would at the moment. I don’t trust guys in suits. I want to perfect my art, and grow independently. The men in suits just try to change you, and I’ve worked too hard to let some pen pusher take control of my art.

Where can you be contacted?

Scott McGoldrick / The Whisky Princess: http://www.twitter.com/scottmcgoldrick
--

This interview was done by Amanda Aselia, a long time blogger and entertainment journalist specialized in the underground hip hop music field.


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment