MAD AB Slim Interview

Featured artist: MAD AB Slim - MAD AB Slim Interview

Thank's for your time! Let's start with the interview: What's your artist name?

MAD AB Slim

How did you decide to become an artist?

MAD AB Slim : I decided to become an artist, when I was 15, I searched Finglas Rappers, and a Female Rapper her name AKA
Temper-Mental MissElayneous, she Impressed me with her skill of knowledge and rhyme, throught a video on youtube for the Irish Rap Documentary in 2012, I have 2 of her EP’s, I thought to myself, I can do that, throught self-belief, ever since over the last 2 years I’ve grown, the name MAD AB Slim came from 2 reasons, MAD because my friends gave me that knick-name, and because they used to think I was ’'MAD’', so the name stook with me, when I was 15, I started rapping, then when I turned 16, AB Slim arrived, AB Being my initials of my originally name and Slim beause of my appearance (Weight), I got bullied over the name of AB Slim, but the love of Hip-Hop kept me stronger, and now I have grown stronger, and formed into MAD AB Slim, there’s also another reason behind MAD, I get hot-headed very easy, and when I cry and get upset, (Doesnt happen often), I intend to get angry and MAD, So it’s apart of my emotion too.

What was the best advice given to you as an artist?

MAD AB Slim : to keep going and to never give up your dreams.

Good advice! What about concerts? Do you play live?

MAD AB Slim : Yes, I played 3 gigs, 2 on Halloween Night at the Finglas Fright Festival and the Ballymun Otherworld Festival, I done my 3rd one last friday night at the IYMA’s (Irish Youth Music Awards)

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

MAD AB Slim : No, Im my own Independant Label (AB Slim Records)

Where can you be contacted?

MAD AB Slim : https://www.facebook.com/MADABSlim
--
This interview was done by Amanda Aselia.


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment