G-Roi talks about up coming project & new single "Like Yesterday" & more!

Featured artist: G-Roi - G-Roi talks about up coming project & new single ”Like Yesterday” & more!


Before Heavy D had passed (god rest his soul) I was fortunate enough to have a conversation with him on myspace & he took a look at one of my videos & he told me "man just keep doing what your doing. If you keep knocking eventually someone will answer." So I keep that in my head as a motivatal tool.

- G-Roi


Thank's for your time! Let's start with the interview: What's your artist name?

G-Roi

How did you decide to become an artist?

G-Roi: It's was something I was better in other then basketball. My sister always kept me around music, any type of music. I always seen the other kids rapping & seeing the big crowds they would make, plus all the respect they would get, I felt in love with that. I felt like it stuck to me cause I was in more of control, sorta speak, like I decided who to be better then or what person to be on a specific track.

What about concerts? Do you play live?

G-Roi: Yeah defiantly, that's keys. Putting your music only online isn't enough, I feel like you have a better chance of getting your buzz up from preforming then just dropping tracks online. This year in 2014 I'm trying to do 2-3 shows a week. Right now it's a bit of a slow start, but I got a show coming up on Mar 2nd at nuyorican poets cafe. I just recently hooked up with a team who just wants to push me, but you when you start out it's slow, but I believe if you got good music it'll pick up in no time & bookings for shows & interviews will be back to back.

Best punchline you ever wrote?


Lol. I think the best one I came up with this year is "You flash yo bread & only thing you gain is some birds" yeah I think that's dope.
- G-Roi

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

G-Roi: Currently I'm working on a new single for iTunes & my first mixtape, which is gonna be called "Royalty." I released a single for iTunes in Jan, which did pretty good. I'm still pushing that single, I got a video too for it, which will be on worldstar sometime in March. You could look it up on YouTube it's called "Like Yesterday". The next single that's coming out, which is at the end of March, is called "Unwritten Tittle" it's another story joint. Far as my mixtape I don't have a due date for it yet, but everything is written out, it's just me having time to hit the studio. Which should be real soon. I never have a problem with that.

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

G-Roi: Yeah I would. I much rather stay indie if I'm in the position where the label is chasing me around to sign with them, it's just a money thing. If I'm not in a position where my buzz isn't up there then yeah I'll sign, just as long as the money is right, endorsements, shows are consisted, & my ownership is good, lol pretty much get treated like a "Jay z". But you don't really need a label now a days, just got to figure it out how to get your buzz up. I’m straight with that.

Where can you be contacted?

G-Roi: https://twitter.com/TheG_RoiShow
--

This interview was done by Amanda Aselia, a long time blogger and entertainment journalist specialized in the underground hip hop music field.


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment