E.ST.Louis unsigned rapper TakeOver_Mexico

Featured artist: Mexico - E.ST.Louis unsigned rapper TakeOver_Mexico

Thank's for your time! Let's start with the interview: What's your artist name?

Mexico

How did you decide to become an artist?

Mexico: The truth behind Mexico becoming a rap artist was my cousin/producer/beat maker Batts Balboa. I just was the D-Boy that brought the good smoke to the studio and I would come to his studio when somebody needed some kush. I would free style to beats when I would come over and my cousin called me one day and was like I need to to rapp on my beats these cats I got rapper don’t have it. I had other homeboys tryna rapp but wasn’t being serious about it so I took it upon myself to try to motivate them that it’s possible for someone out of out city to make it big rapping so here I am a year later still going strong with my rapp career.

What was the best advice given to you as an artist?

Never think for a second you can’t be like T.I or Jeezy and other rappers that have made a impact on the rapp game coming from nothing to something’s takes time and a grind.

- Mexico


What about concerts? Do you play live?

Mexico: I have did opening acts for several made artist such as Zed Zilla Young Dro YoungDolph young Jeezy and a host of other shows out of state and local in my city of ESTLOUIS.

What are you currently working on? Did you release something in the past?

Mexico:I have five mixtapes on datpiff.com currently I just dropped my #TakeOver3 mixtape 3 days ago and it’s doing numbers I have yet to use a DJ but my next mixtape #EastSideTrapTalk I will be using a big DJ like DJ Smallz or DJ Frankwhite or DJ Scream or DJ Tabz 314

Last but not least: Would you sign a record contract with a major label?

Mexico: I would mind signing with a label like Grand Hustle or RocNation DefJam CTE or CMG but that’s my goal get a big enough fan base to get signed.

Where can you be contacted?

Mexico: #RT #ESTLOUIS unsigned hype #TO3 #TakeOverMexico S\O 2 my city #ESTl http://www.datpiff.com/Mexicoa-nBatts-Balboa-Takeover3-mixtape.585299.html
--

This interview was done by Amanda Aselia, a long time blogger and entertainment journalist specialized in the underground hip hop music field.


Want to get featured too? Apply here to get interviewed!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment